Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is online now
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 4,453
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-10-2019, 01:18 PM
1

Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

More brexit doom and gloom

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKBN1WP1I0
Reply With Quote
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 4,604
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-10-2019, 05:57 PM
2

Re: Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

From the linked article.

The car industry fears that a no-deal Brexit will add tariffs on vehicles, engines and components as well as introduce customs delays which could rapidly stop production and risk the long-term viability of British sites.

Nissan is ending the night shift at the Sunderland plant and the overall headcount of staff will be a little lower at around 6,000 as it focuses on ramping up the new vehicle.

presently there are 7000 employed. This article in a subtle way tells that more than 1.000 jobs will be axed. You think that is good news?

O dear, o dear.
Reply With Quote
Moscow
Senior Member
Moscow is offline
Scotland
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,803
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-10-2019, 07:33 PM
3

Re: Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

Solly, Bit of advice...............

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life,
Duh doo, duh doo ......Duh doo, Duh doo, Duh doo
Reply With Quote
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 4,604
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-10-2019, 08:35 PM
4

Re: Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Solly, Bit of advice...............

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life,
Duh doo, duh doo ......Duh doo, Duh doo, Duh doo
Yes bread
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 18,623
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-10-2019, 08:36 PM
5

Re: Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

Originally Posted by Bread ->
More brexit doom and gloom

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKBN1WP1I0
Hi

You are very consistent in your posts and also very selective.

We have not left the EU, we are still part of the Single Market, so no Tariffs.

A No Deal, which you favour, will have consequences.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50000530
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is online now
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 4,453
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-10-2019, 10:59 PM
6

Re: Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are very consistent in your posts and also very selective.

We have not left the EU, we are still part of the Single Market, so no Tariffs.

A No Deal, which you favour, will have consequences.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50000530

Not the BBC again

You should have voted remain...
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,014
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-10-2019, 05:34 AM
7

Re: Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Not the BBC again

You should have voted remain...
According to the polls thatís what will happen if there were to be a confirmatory referendum
Reply With Quote
Moscow
Senior Member
Moscow is offline
Scotland
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,803
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-10-2019, 06:41 AM
8

Re: Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Not the BBC again

You should have voted remain...
He did!
Reply With Quote
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 4,604
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-10-2019, 08:30 AM
9

Re: Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
He did!
He is one of very few remain voters in favour of brexit, for principle reasons. The other way around, leavers now in favour of remaining, are amounting to millions. Watch the outcome of next referendum on brexit.
Reply With Quote
AidoPotato
Member
AidoPotato is offline
UK
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 95
AidoPotato is male 
 
12-10-2019, 10:31 AM
10

Re: Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
From the linked article.

The car industry fears that a no-deal Brexit will add tariffs on vehicles, engines and components as well as introduce customs delays which could rapidly stop production and risk the long-term viability of British sites.

Nissan is ending the night shift at the Sunderland plant and the overall headcount of staff will be a little lower at around 6,000 as it focuses on ramping up the new vehicle.

presently there are 7000 employed. This article in a subtle way tells that more than 1.000 jobs will be axed. You think that is good news?

O dear, o dear.
I was left scratching my head wondering how on earth Bread has used this article to bolster his narrative. This is the same Bread who is an expert in running businesses and knows the supply chain like the back of his hand

Nissan have confirmed that their business model would be utterly unsustainable in the event of a No-Deal Brexit. It's truly quite amazing what some leavers choose to see, but all that it is, is confirmation bias.

Leavers drew their conclusion first, then went looking for the evidence which is why they make absolutely no sense. This is also why they are likened to a cult
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.