Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:05 PM

Re: No Loo Rolls.

Hi

There is a logic to having a couple of weeks stock of essentials in if you live on your own and are not in the best of health.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is a logic to having a couple of weeks stock of essentials in if you live on your own and are not in the best of health.
A good point Swimmy
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm not digging at you, Roxy, but I simply don't understand why some people live in a constant state of fear about something that isn't actually happening.

Would you please explain to us?
Aaah! You have realised brexit is not happening on 31 october? (if ever)
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
But are you the ones who stock up all the time when a supermarket is closed for one day at Christmas? Why don't you have enough provisions in the house, Roxy?

When you say "come the worst", what does that mean? Do you know something we do not or are you merely one of these people who believes everything they see on the news?

I'm not digging at you, Roxy, but I simply don't understand why some people live in a constant state of fear about something that isn't actually happening.

Would you please explain to us?
As I said I don't panic buy, I never have at anytime. I don't over buy at Christmas or New Year either I just buy my usual.
Neither am I one who believes in everything she hears and sees, Toilet Rolls and dog food are the only two things I have no intention of running out of ….Ever.
I have had to live without toilet rolls once before, and it will never happen again, it was hell. Just after I left home, yes I was working full time, but it was still a crap wage, 16year olds earned next to nothing in 1966, even less if you were female. I never had enough money to last from one pay packet till the next. Toilet Rolls were one thing I had to beg, borrow, or swipe.
I only earned £6 odd a week and £3 of that was rent. £1 went in the electric meter I was only left with a couple of quid for food and anything else I needed. It was not easy but worth it to be free of my mother.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:31 PM

Well if it does happen, I think McDonald's will be popular.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:37 PM

That’s enough of the jokes really but I suppose now that you are flushed with success there will be a chain of them.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:45 PM

We do not use much toilet tissue in our house as 2 of our 3 toilets have a bidet next to them.
I read the thread and then went to check on how many rolls we have in the paper cupboard and the total was 3 packs of 24 and a huge one I did not bother to check, but I'd hazard a guess it's a pack of around 48, so we could survive a siege type of shortage.
Do they still manufacture Izal and Bronco pile inducing tracing paper skiddie type?
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Agree. I start getting a few extras in from Sept anyway so incase I'm snowed in for a week or two I have enough stuff in to not have to worry about running out of everything at once!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Do they still manufacture Izal and Bronco pile inducing tracing paper skiddie type?
Not seen that San Izal stuff for years n years. Awful stuff my mother used to buy it.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Not seen that San Izal stuff for years n years. Awful stuff my mother used to buy it.
Good for tracing though

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top