Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 08:52 PM

Re: A Toy.

To begin with I had a teddy bear - but my sister took a liking to him so I had to give him up. Then I had a tiger made from soft plush - he sat next to my pillow every night and kept me safe from nightmares. I told him all my secrets and ambitions - he never laughed or gave me away. Never answered back - just sat and looked very wise. He still sits next to my pillow at night and, sometimes, the cats snuggle up to him or use him as a chin rest. He is a very loved tiger.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
To begin with I had a teddy bear - but my sister took a liking to him so I had to give him up. Then I had a tiger made from soft plush - he sat next to my pillow every night and kept me safe from nightmares. I told him all my secrets and ambitions - he never laughed or gave me away. Never answered back - just sat and looked very wise. He still sits next to my pillow at night and, sometimes, the cats snuggle up to him or use him as a chin rest. He is a very loved tiger.

That's a coincidence Tabs, us both having Tigers.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

I enjoyed reading that,ST....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 10:46 PM

I had a toy elephant I used to take to bed with me every night. Then when I was 3 I was taken into hospital with pneumonia, my elephant came with me. Sometime during my 3 week stay I took my elephant to the bathroom with me and dropped it down the toilet! No-one would fish it out for me and I cried and cried for ages

I never had anything else to take to bed with me after that
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Did you ever sleep with one as a child?

Or maybe you slept with something else.

My son used to take a quilt to bed with him..he twiddled the end of it..until he fell asleep.
I had a monkey, wouldn't be allowed now, it had wire inside it so it could be posed. By the time I out grew it- it had been patched & stitched so much there was hardly any of it's original 'fur' left.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I had a monkey, wouldn't be allowed now, it had wire inside it so it could be posed. By the time I out grew it- it had been patched & stitched so much there was hardly any of it's original 'fur' left.
What about its Nuts.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What about its Nuts.
It originally had a banana.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:21 PM

Too much information.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Did you ever sleep with one as a child?

Or maybe you slept with something else.

My son used to take a quilt to bed with him..he twiddled the end of it..until he fell asleep.
Toys? No. No toys for us. We were poor, you see.

The nearest thing to a toy I had when I was a young lad was a stick that I found on a bomb site.
It was a very nice stick, though.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-10-2019, 11:29 PM

That is how Sticklers start.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top