Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 07:55 AM

Lost Dog

I forgot to tell you, I found a dog a couple of days ago.

She was a big, overweight sort of Boxer/Staffie type cross, and she was scurrying along the pavement in town, barely able to get her breath in the evening heat.
She then ran across the road and I could see it was only a matter of time before she got herself killed, but wasn't sure if she was safe to approach.
I called to her from the car window and she came across wagging her tail, so I slipped my spare lead on her quickly, before she ran off again.
I didn't really want her in the car because I had got little Gertie in there, and didn't want to take her home because of all my others.
Then I noticed her teats - nearly down to the floor! She didn't look a young dog with her grey muzzle, yet it appeared she had been feeding a litter of pups, poor old gal.

I felt really cross with the owner for not having a name tag on her collar. I could have got her home in minutes if she had. What good is a microchip in this case, I don't carry a scanner in my pocket! My vets were closed, the police don't want to know with stray dogs, and the dog warden had long gone home (it was about 7.30 pm).

I knocked on various doors to see if anyone recognised her, but no one did, and by now she had collapsed on the pavement a couple of times with the heat. One house brought me out a bowl of water for her, which helped.

Eventually a smashing lady offered help and said Pets at Home were still open until 8pm and she would take her and get their vet to see if she was chipped, and then put her on Facebook for me. I accepted her offer gratefully as I was worried because I'd left Gertie in the car on her own and I was concerned about the heat.

I got my friend to check Facebook the next morning, and apparently the owner had been found. I just hope they found out how she escaped, don't mate her again, and put a flippin' name dog on her now!
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 08:16 AM

Re: Lost Dog

Poor girl , lucky she had you to help her . Don't think she comes from a good home by the sound of it .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 08:21 AM

Sounds like she's been a puppy farm.
Some extra income for a scrote?

Oh I'm such a snob.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 08:28 AM

well done Mups , we passed a dog a few months ago while on our way back home so know how concerned you was ,
when we parked up and went back to see if it had a tag on it had gone , It looked a old dog and Confused .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 08:36 AM

It's good to know that there are some nice, caring people around like yourself Mups.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 08:49 AM

That was kind of you to take so much trouble Mups, you must have been relieved to find out the dog´s owner was found. Well done to you.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 10:32 AM

That was a good end to the story Mups, not good to be out in this heat for pets.

When we was in Ramsgate last week we was taking a stroll around the harbour early evening and there was a dog running around and running up to people, a young man was trying to find out who it belonged to and he had also seen another dog running around the harbour.

There was not that many places for him to ask whos dogs they were he got no takers, he was getting very concerned and as he didn't want them to be running around the marina went to the police which was across the road.

By the time he came back someone took ownership of the dogs, he was not concerned that they had been running around and wondered what the fuss was.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Sounds like she's been a puppy farm.
Some extra income for a scrote?

Oh I'm such a snob.

That is what worried me too Tpin. The length of her claws and the amount of fat on her indicated she didn't get out much, plus her teats looked like they had fed more than one litter to me.

It has played on my mind ever since, because you try to do a good turn, but now I don't know what I might taken her back to.

Oh well, too late now. I need to put it out of my head now.

I'm off to the cardiologist with my little Girtie in the morning, so I need to be concentrating on that now.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 07:53 PM

Pity you couldnt find where she lived and phoned the RSPCA when you got home ,According to their TV show 'Dog Rescuers ' they rescue dogs like this.This poor dog ,lucky you found her and got help I know dogs should have a tag on at all times but sometimes its not convenient, our dog [ a Lurcher] doesnt wear his collar unless he goes out, as this is a large one like greyhounds wear and not comfortable when relaxing, it has got a tag with our phone number on , plus hes chipped, but 1 day he got out without collar on, I managed to grab him shortly after but it could have been bad if we didnt know he got out

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top