Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 12:38 PM

Re: Valentine's Day?

I agree Rainbow! Think love is the best gift we were given and I do enjoy seeing folks show that love no matter their life style.

Happy Valentines Day Mate!
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I might seem a bit out of synch.with the majority here and I may appear a killjoy, but I don't want my OH to bring me flowers/gifts on Valentine's day and I don't give anything to him.

Aerolor, "Killjoy"? - Not at all.
Material 'things' are not necessary. How you feel and care for someone, are surely more important.

Rainbow x
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Single, no SO, just another day for me.
Single too here. But I do dress in a red top and wish the people I meet in may day a 'Happy 'Valentines Day' which sets some back (had a doctor's appointment).

My daughter has boyfriend this year. The first one that actually might mean something to her and she asked what she should 'get' him. I suggested that she make him something (as I'm a believer, maybe sexist here, but that it the guys that should do the giving on this day and the ladies the doing). She ended up baking brownies and buying a heart shaped box (at the dollar store as they are called her in Canada) and then cutting it to fit the shape of the box. Really cute and I was told he loved it. He told her that he was taking her to the show and they'd grab food there. But, he took her to a really nice restruant for a pre-booked dinner for two. When the desert came, they had written in icing sugar "I really, really, like you!". Sweet, in more ways than one. They are just 19 and 'dating' for under 2 mos. It really impressed her and it made me smile to see her so excited when she came home. Except she complained about what she was wearing as he gave her no warning.

Just love living through my kids .
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 02:43 PM

ClaireMarie, That is a lovely romantic story. Plus being able to have the added enjoyment of sharing your daughter's excitement of youthful love.

Wonderful

Rainbow x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top