Join for free
Page 21 of 23 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:11 PM

Re: Let's Face It Ireland Got Screwed

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It isn't complete because its not finished or implemented.

It's like opening a tin of paint and saying you've completed the decorating of your house.
But if you have a deal with a decorating firm, the moment the tin is opened the deal is there.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
But if you have a deal with a decorating firm, the moment the tin is opened the deal is there.
A deal is one thing - delivering it something entirely different, as I've ben pointing out.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:32 PM

A deal is one thing - delivering it something entirely different, as I've ben pointing out.
So you do know why the ECJ is needed!
digitalham
United Kingdom
digitalham is male  digitalham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have no idea what 'he' has said, nor do I want to know.

He may well have cast aspersions in my direction in the past, but I have the advantage of having put him on ignore so I don't ever see them.

Nothing personal against him, I should add. It is just that I have absolutely no interest in anything he should say.

Believe me, it makes life so much simpler!
About 50% less posts to see then.

I must investigate ignore. I hope it removes quotes too as that has always been an issue on other forums when I have tried to ignore an idiot.

Nope. Same problem. Better than nothing though.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-08-03_103523.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	13430  
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 03:01 PM

Well, well, well, Ireland really has been well and truly screwed. Got its little botty spanked really hard hasn't it? They're having to pay €18.7Bn over the next 30 years into the Coronavirus Bailout Fund and will only be eligible to receive €3Bn back in grants and loans.

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Well, well, well, Ireland really has been well and truly screwed. Got its little botty spanked really hard hasn't it? They're having to pay €18.7Bn over the next 30 years into the Coronavirus Bailout Fund and will only be eligible to receive €3Bn back in grants and loans.

I find it strangely interesting how the Brussels elite is able to demand any amount of money it feels like from its member countries, apparently without any discussion or agreement.

It sounds surprisingly like a dictatorship.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-08-2020, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

The compromise on a recovery fund was also reached at the first summit at which the UK was not involved.

"The fact that there was a deal without Britain being involved is very significant. You may recall Brexiteers used to trumpet the idea that somehow the EU wouldn’t be able to make the sums add up in its budget without the UK’s contribution," said Mr McDonagh.

"So,*this package has been reached,*not only in the context of the*Covid*crisis and having to adopt a special recovery package,*but also in a context where Britain’s departure and its net contribution to the budget has been managed very smoothly.
https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0721/11...d-budget-deal/

To put it bluntly, europe is thumbing it's nose at the UK. You left, we don't miss you! Oh dear, oh dear.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I find it strangely interesting how the Brussels elite is able to demand any amount of money it feels like from its member countries, apparently without any discussion or agreement.

It sounds surprisingly like a dictatorship.
That's exactly what it is JBR. They call it the "United States of Europe", except its just another communist block run by an unelected elite.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 03:52 PM

That's exactly what it is JBR. They call it the "United States of Europe", except its just another communist block run by an unelected elite.
Yes indeed, and we're lucky to be out of it.

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun. Perhaps we aren't out of it at all. Perhaps Brexit has just been one big con and we'll find that after the end of the year we'll still be under their control.

It sounds far fetched, when you think about it.

In the second world war, most of Europe had by conquered militarily. Despite that, we and our allies managed to release all of the overrun countries and regain their freedom.

How can this 'agreement' be more difficult to escape from?

We did, apparently, sign papers to tie us to Brussels, yet we were still sovereign at least to an extent. The same must apply to the other EU countries.

Surely, agreements can be broken, either peaceably or forcefully, can't they?

The same goes for all these monetary demands. I read recently in the Express that they expect to screw us for £180billion before we leave, though I can't work out how they arrived at that, or even if it was just one of their threats.

If I had my way we'd walk away now, pay them not a cent and do what the hell we want despite their demands.

What could they do?

Would the world turn their backs on us and no longer trust us...
even after they themselves have seen how the EU behaves like a dictatorship?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The compromise on a recovery fund was also reached at the first summit at which the UK was not involved.

"The fact that there was a deal without Britain being involved is very significant. You may recall Brexiteers used to trumpet the idea that somehow the EU wouldn’t be able to make the sums add up in its budget without the UK’s contribution," said Mr McDonagh.

"So,*this package has been reached,*not only in the context of the*Covid*crisis and having to adopt a special recovery package,*but also in a context where Britain’s departure and its net contribution to the budget has been managed very smoothly.
https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0721/11...d-budget-deal/

To put it bluntly, europe is thumbing it's nose at the UK. You left, we don't miss you! Oh dear, oh dear.
So why the continuous vitriol?

Page 21 of 23 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top