Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 01:29 PM

Anti-wrinkle cream.........

Anyone found one that works!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 01:43 PM

Re: Anti-wrinkle cream.........

Hi Moli I can't say I have never tried one
I don't have many wrinkles, I am not bothered about them anyway.

I prefer to see a face with few wrinkles rather than the tight artificial faces (which don't appear to move at all ) of many ageing actresses .

Substitute the name 'wrinkles' with 'character lines' , much more appropriate I would say.

I have heard a certain reasonably priced cream from Boots really works .
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 01:47 PM

The Boots one received a very reasonable press and, as Meg says, isn't desperately expensive.
I haven't tried it so can't give a personal recommendation.
I think you should go for anything at a sensible price which works for you - i.e. keeps your skin feeling nicely moisturised without clogging pores and causing spots (now there's something I never thought would be an issue, when I was in my teens - spots and wrinkles at the same time! Ho hum)
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 01:50 PM

Would any of you resort to Botox or a Face lift???
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 01:56 PM

I love the effect when I pull a twist of hair back, just above my ears, and the, err, lines, I guess, at the corners of my mouth get shallow and look perkily upwards instead of gloomily downwards. Similarly, if you're careful with hair at your temples you can get a 'lifted' effect round the eyes.
BUT, I wouldn't want it to be permanent. It's a bit like squeezing air from one bit of a balloon - it bulges out somewhere else. If you 'youthfulise' one bit of your face/body it just seems to age another bit. Like Anne Robinson - how wierd does she look?
Best way to appear young is to remain interested in everything and Keep Smiling
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 03:44 PM

I confess now..unashamedly...I love pampering with creams.

I wouldn't go to the extent of surgery though.
It rather strikes me that if I did I could look a little odd...it would show up the rest of my other saggy bits.
Bit like when you decorate one room in the house and decide it has made the rest look like it needs doing
dinahsmum
SW England

10-08-2009, 04:00 PM

You'd better name names now Morticia - what are your favourite potions?
I love the containers for some of the more exotic/expensive creams but can't really justify buying them just because I like the pot!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
You'd better name names now Morticia - what are your favourite potions?
I love the containers for some of the more exotic/expensive creams but can't really justify buying them just because I like the pot!
how long have you got!
Moli
Aberdeenshire

10-08-2009, 05:02 PM

I look on it this way, I still see through the same eyes as I did when I was 16, just the outside is a bit tatty now...But as Meg says wrinkles do not hurt....
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Would any of you resort to Botox or a Face lift???
No, but then never say never, the Botox, definitely no, the face lift......mmmmmmm , who knows.

I have a few friends who have had boob jobs though

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top