Join for free
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 12:40 AM

What has stayed with you??

When I was a kid, my Father being ex Navy, was a stickler for us kids polishing our shoes, never were we allowed out with dirty shoes....
That has stuck with me through the years, always make sure shoes are polished...
What about you??
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 12:52 AM

Re: What has stayed with you??

Hello Moli, Just seen your message so determined to respond before signing off ..... have been on the phone for two hours and now brain feeling very weary!!!

With you mentioning shoes ....... I remember my Uncle when he was Courting my Aunt, came to visit for the first time, and placed his feet on the rail along the chair he was sitting on.

My Grandfather got up and handed him polish and a cloth, and told him that my Grandmother spent time keeping those chairs clean and polished, so he would appreciate the rail being polished!!!

I know I always had to wipe my feet "properly" - and still do, whether at home or when visiting!

(If I think of something else, when my brain cell has been re-charged, I will add again later)!

Rainbow x
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 10:02 AM

A love for London. My dad used to take me out to enthuse over things like St Pauls and Cleopatra`s Needle.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 10:11 AM

Not my hair. LOL
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 10:39 AM

Good manners hopefully. My parents always said that good manners cost nothing, so there is no reason not to have them.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 12:35 PM

Treat other's folks stuff as if it were my own and treat my stuff as if it was the last time I ever got that certain item.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

11-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Not my hair. LOL

LOLOLOL

That made me chuckle Bob
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Good manners hopefully. My parents always said that good manners cost nothing, so there is no reason not to have them.
Like you Barry, my Parents said the same thing, and that has been passed on to my Grandsons, They play tough, but have excellent manners when they are in adult company.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2011, 12:31 PM

My dad used to say to me "if you don't know something - go and find out, question but don't believe everything you are told." This has always stuck with me.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2011, 09:47 PM

My father was a marine engineer, he always insisted I keept all my power and hand tools clean, properly adjusted, and sharpened if appropriate and that has stayed with me all my life, I still have on my shadow board some of his tools I inherited when he died, some Moore & Wright micrometers and protractors from about 1930 and files, pliers, chisels, and wood saws from before 1940 all in perfect working order!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top