Join for free
Page 34 of 56 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 03:01 AM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Realist...I get my flu shot to help protect me from the influenza virus. I can't even recall the last time I did have the flu...it's been eons.

My doctor's supply of the flu vaccine hadn't arrived at his office yet and he mentioned, that he had gone to the pharmacy for his shot earlier this morning and suggested I do the same which I did...
Don't waste your time. He will come back with reams of the same old nonsense that he has regurgitated repeatedly in this thread and ad nauseum in this forum.

It is best to just ignore him on any thread dealing with vaccines, Microsoft or smart meters - that way madness lies.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 09:14 AM

Realist...I get my flu shot to help protect me from the influenza virus. I can't even recall the last time I did have the flu...it's been eons.
I see. So that suggests you simply don't believe the peer reviewed studies which have irrefutably proven that the flu vaccine is next to useless, helping about 1 in 100 people, or that you hadn't followed the thread and were unaware of that information. Your conclusion that the vaccine is responsible for you not having the flu for eons is incorrect but an easy mistake to make.

Note that I too haven't had the flu, ever and I have never had the flu vaccine.

You are free to do what you like of course. I'm simply interested in the psychology that leads people to wrongly believe the flu vaccine has any effect whatsoever. I know that mostly it is the result of the deliberate media Campaign Of Fear that the medical industry perpetrates each year to increase demand for the vaccinations but there may be other factors at work too. Thanks for the answer.

My doctor's supply of the flu vaccine hadn't arrived at his office yet and he mentioned, that he had gone to the pharmacy for his shot earlier this morning and suggested I do the same which I did...
Supplies of FLUAD have been delayed nationwide and have cost some practices a lot of money in lost revenue. The annual flu campaign (scam) is a major source of income for these clinics and practices so some of them are extremely annoyed about it
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 09:33 AM

I thought BF was in Canada?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:22 AM

GP practices and pharmacies told to 'swap stocks' amid flu vaccine supply issues

Info for those in the UK

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinical...037496.article

"NHS England has encouraged GP practices and pharmacies to 'shift around' flu vaccine stock as distribution issues spread to both types of vaccine.

Practices which were already struggling to source the adjuvanted trivalent flu vaccine (aTIV) recommended for over-65s this season are now also affected by delayed deliveries of the quadrivalent vaccine (QIV) for patients aged 18-65.

The UK's main supplier of QIV, Sanofi Pasteur, said they were hit by a manufacturing issue, including problems with packaging, delaying deliveries to around 1,000 GP practices by two weeks."
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I see. So that suggests you simply don't believe the peer reviewed studies which have irrefutably proven that the flu vaccine is next to useless, helping about 1 in 100 people, or that you hadn't followed the thread and were unaware of that information. Y
Here he is back on cue!

Again a total lack of understanding of the study he is quoting.

The study said that vaccine would prevent 1% of the population catching flu which is where the tin foil people came up with the 1 in 100 figure.

The problem is that the study also said that approximately 2% of the population usually catch flu.

So in fact what the study really said was that 50% of those people who would otherwise be afflicted by flu would be protected by the vaccine. Quite different to the nonsense the anti vaxxer loonies claim.

Still no doubt we will be treated to more of his repetitious drivel.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2018, 11:53 AM

Cochrane Study On Influenza Vaccine In Adults
https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr....pub6/abstract

"71 people would need to be vaccinated to avoid one influenza case, and 29 would need to be vaccinated to avoid one case of ILI. Vaccination may have little or no appreciable effect on hospitalisations (low‐certainty evidence) or number of working days lost. "

It is sadly the medical industry and associated pundits who play with numbers and present things in a way that confuses the public.

For example, suppose that it is the case that a person has a 2 in 1,000,000 chance of catching disease X

That's a tiny tiny risk amounting to 0.0002%

Now if I said that I have created a magic potion (or vaccine) that can reduce your chances down to 1 in 1,000,000 what would that mean?

In real terms it means bugger all. You still have a tiny tiny chance of catching disease X. However as the manufacturer I CAN CLAIM that my magic potion will reduce your chances of catching the flu by 50% !!! Yes from 2 down to just 1 !

See how that works?!

It is smoke and mirrors, designed to dupe a dumbed down populous.

There are numerous flu vaccine studies out there if you Google for them. The Cochrane Study concludes that the vaccine will only prevent 1 in 71 people getting the flu.
When you combine this with other studies out there it becomes clear that the truer number is around 1 in 100 people.

It is and always will be pure snake oil.

Unfortunately there is evidence that people who naively take up the flu vaccination often suffer ILIs shotly after. ILI's being Influenza Like Illnesses (bad colds, viruses etc).

The flu vaccine ingredients themselves do not cause this as they are inactivated. However the suggestion seems to be that the vaccine itself, with all it's unsavoury ingredients, lowers or compromises a persons immune system making them more susceptible to catching bugs and viruses.

There is also evidence that people who have the flu vaccines tend to suffer more respiratory conditions and infections like pneumonia.

Given the largely useless efficacy of the vaccine, there seems no rational reason to have it esp if it leaves you exposed to other risks. The general reason I believe people have the vaccine is as a direct result of the deliberate Campaign of Fear put out by the establishment to generate demand for the vaccine. Fear is understandable, especially in the more vulnerable people, but it is nevertheless a totally false fear, purposely spread by the industry to generate vaccine sales.

Just in case there are new readers here who haven't paged through this thread, here again is the link to the CDC director presentation by Glen Nowak. Scroll down to page 6 where it outlines their:

"“Recipe” for Fostering Public Interest
and High Vaccine Demand"

http://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd...67120662D.ashx

The Campaign Of Fear

"3. Medical experts and public health authorities publicly (e.g., via media) state concern and alarm (and predict dire outcomes)–and urge influenza vaccination"

"5. Continued reports (e.g., from health officials and media) that influenza is causing severe illness and/or affecting lots of people –helping foster the perception that many people are susceptible to a bad case of influenza."

"6.Visible/tangible examples of the seriousness of the illness (e.g., pictures of children, families of those affected coming forward) and people getting vaccinated (the first to motivate, the latter to reinforce)"

"7.References to, and discussions, of pandemic influenza– along with continued reference to the importance of vaccination."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2018, 12:05 PM

And again let's not forget that Influenza mortality rates have GONE UP since the vaccines were introduced, rather than gone down. So why are they still peddling this snake oil?

Number of deaths caused by Influenza over the years in England and Wales

2017 - 454
2016 - 313
2015 - 274
2014 - 86
2013 - 140
2012 - 76
2011 - 109
2010 - 37
2009 - 78
2008 - 39
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 01:03 PM

More to the point, why has this thread been moved from the Health section?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

26-10-2018, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
More to the point, why has this thread been moved from the Health section?
Probably because it now belongs in the Fantasy section but there isn't one.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I see. So that suggests you simply don't believe the peer reviewed studies which have irrefutably proven that the flu vaccine is next to useless, helping about 1 in 100 people, or that you hadn't followed the thread and were unaware of that information. Your conclusion that the vaccine is responsible for you not having the flu for eons is incorrect but an easy mistake to make.

Note that I too haven't had the flu, ever and I have never had the flu vaccine.

You are free to do what you like of course. I'm simply interested in the psychology that leads people to wrongly believe the flu vaccine has any effect whatsoever. I know that mostly it is the result of the deliberate media Campaign Of Fear that the medical industry perpetrates each year to increase demand for the vaccinations but there may be other factors at work too. Thanks for the answer.

Supplies of FLUAD have been delayed nationwide and have cost some practices a lot of money in lost revenue. The annual flu campaign (scam) is a major source of income for these clinics and practices so some of them are extremely annoyed about it

Realist..."Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice, shame on me." There isn't going to be a "Thrice!"

Page 34 of 56 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top