Join for free
Page 36 of 56 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
If the flu jab,helps prevent me from getting the flu,then that's good enough for me and even if I do contract it,it will be a lot milder,....got mine yesterday,always seek advice from a professional,(Doctor),..and don't believe everything you read.
Your statements are 100% correct Pauline. IF the flu vaccine does what it alleges to do then it makes sense to have it.

The FACTS however are that IT DOES NOT do what it alleges to do. It does not prevent you from getting the flu. On that basis it makes no sense whatsoever to have it.

And your other advice is also good:

"Don't believe everything you read"

I agree. Only believe the stuff that comes from well established internationally respected research bodies like the Cochrane Institute who have tested the flu vaccines extensively with 1000s of studies involving millions of people/patients. They proved conclusively that the vaccines are useless.

In addition take a look at the Public Health England/NHS's own statistics on yearly deaths caused by Influenza in the UK. Those rates are going UP not down which again highlights that the vaccine is having no tangible effect on flu mortality rates. Here again are the figures:

Number of deaths caused by Influenza over the years in England and Wales

2017 - 454
2016 - 313
2015 - 274
2014 - 86
2013 - 140
2012 - 76
2011 - 109
2010 - 37
2009 - 78
2008 - 39

The number of deaths is actually rising.

Bottom line.

The flu vaccine DOES NOT prevent you catching Flu

The flu vaccine does weaken your immune system for a period leaving you more vulnerable to other viruses and ILI's.

The flu vaccine frequently contains highly dangerous and undesirable substances. This years FLUAD vaccine contains Squalene based compounds. (Adjuvant: MF59C.1 which is an exclusive adjuvant: 9.75 mg squalene)

You might want to do some research into MF59C.1 and Squalene which are linked to Gulf War Syndrome.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 01:02 PM

What amazes me about the flu jab is since we have been having it all our colds seem to much more mild, used to be two or three times a year we would all be down with streaming eyes, noses and coughs and sneezes, now worst symptom is a mild sore throat and few sneezes possibly a few tissues needed for a couple of days. Not the same debilitating awful feeling we used to get.
I look at Grace before the jab normally had to have at least a week off school each year, now she has it not one day lost to colds at all. Same with those of us working we used to drag ourselves into work feeling very poorly but it's not happened at all since we started having the flu jab, just a bit of sneezing and a sore throat doesn't even slow us down.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 01:18 PM

Julie, when you acquire the Flu or similar cold/ILI virus your body fights it naturally with its immune system and build antibodies to fight it.

Once that is done your body has much better defence against those kind of viruses next time around. The "real" antibodies produced as a result of actually having flu or colds are powerful and last many years. The antibodies "forced" by the flu vaccine are nowhere near as powerful and just don't last.

You have regrettably drawn the wrong conclusions from your experiences.
You don't get colds to the same extent anymore BECAUSE you previous DID suffer colds. Your body acquired its own antibodies which have been fighting the viruses ever since. The flu vaccine you had is unlikely to be a contributing factor.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What amazes me about the flu jab is since we have been having it all our colds seem to much more mild, used to be two or three times a year we would all be down with streaming eyes, noses and coughs and sneezes, now worst symptom is a mild sore throat and few sneezes possibly a few tissues needed for a couple of days. Not the same debilitating awful feeling we used to get.
I look at Grace before the jab normally had to have at least a week off school each year, now she has it not one day lost to colds at all. Same with those of us working we used to drag ourselves into work feeling very poorly but it's not happened at all since we started having the flu jab, just a bit of sneezing and a sore throat doesn't even slow us down.
But the common cold as you describe is absolutely nothing to do with influenza. It's a totally different virus.
So I would think your health improvement is far more likely due to improved diet, sleep etc. etc...

Edit: the three years when I did have the 'flu jab I had the worst upper respiratory infections ever!!!

Has it ever struck you how utterly pointless these conversations are?

Its like one person says smoking is bad for your health and can give you cancer, and the next person says well my dad smoked 30 a day all his life and it didn't do him any harm, he never got ill and lived to be 99
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
But the common cold as you describe is absolutely nothing to do with influenza. It's a totally different virus.
So I would think your health improvement is far more likely due to improved diet, sleep etc. etc...

Edit: the three years when I did have the 'flu jab I had the worst upper respiratory infections ever!!!

Has it ever struck you how utterly pointless these conversations are?

Its like one person says smoking is bad for your health and can give you cancer, and the next person says well my dad smoked 30 a day all his life and it didn't do him any harm, he never got ill and lived to be 99
That is why I think it's odd ruthio, If it's a coincidence it's an odd one as all of us having the jab have had the same coincidence. I could almost believe we oldies have had enough to build up a resistance but not the kids.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

07-12-2018, 03:38 PM

That is why I think it's odd ruthio, If it's a coincidence it's an odd one as all of us having the jab have had the same coincidence. I could almost believe we oldies have had enough to build up a resistance but not the kids.
You all live under the same roof I presume or at the least see each other often so will have been sharing the same bugs and viruses. Hardly a coincidence, just the natural spread of viruses on textiles, door handles, atomised in the air and so on.

Kids have far better immune systems than older people. They are young, peppy, full of life energy, able to stave off most ailments with ease.

The wider problem here is simply your mental processes for evaluation and deduction. You are valuing your subjective anecdotal evidence from just a handful of people (you and your family) over the more independent and objective studies conducted with MILLIONS of people.

That's a dangerous place to be.

Take the available data to heart and put your personal experiences into the right perspective.

Fear should NOT be the driver for the desire to be vaccinated.

The desire should come from a completely impartial and objective evaluation of the vaccine and its proven ability to do what it says on the tin.

In this case the flu vaccines clearly don't do what they say on the tin. They are useless. 1000s of studies have proved it. On that basis what possible reason could there be to have the vaccine?

I see only the following reasons:

1) A person is unable to exercise sound judgement

2) A person is totally unaware of the available data and evidence and has the vaccine in ignorance

3) A person is aware of the all the evidence but chooses to ignore it or to simply not believe it

4) A person is in total denial about the evidence

In the case of option 3, those refusing to believe the evidence without any rational explanation for refuting it fall into category 1 imo. There will I guess, be some who DO refute the evidence, but as yet I haven't met one nor seen any counter evidence put up.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Y
Number of deaths caused by Influenza over the years in England and Wales

2017 - 454
2016 - 313
2015 - 274
2014 - 86
2013 - 140
2012 - 76
2011 - 109
2010 - 37
2009 - 78
2008 - 39

The number of deaths is actually rising..
Poppycock!

All these figures show are the WHO International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD) being updated with a new edition. This defines how diseases (and deaths) are statistically recorded and is updated every 3 years (in the UK) with a new edition.

All the quoted figures show is that the recorded death had flu recorded as contributing toward death, previously the death might have just been recorded as due to pneumonia or respiratory failure - there are just more boxes available to be ticked as defined by the ICD.

It also shows the dangers of amateurs with nothing better to do quoting statistics they don't understand and don't know the background to and amply proves the old adage:

Lies, damned lies and statistics

You can expect a change in stats when the ICD11 is implemented in 2020
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

08-12-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Poppycock!

All these figures show are the WHO International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD) being updated with a new edition. This defines how diseases (and deaths) are statistically recorded and is updated every 3 years (in the UK) with a new edition.

Sorry Brucey Boy no.

These are the official figures from the ONS (Office For National Statistics) regarding deaths in England and Wales logged by specific cause of death.

Here are the actual ONS Excel spreadsheets where the data comes from. The figures are in the TABLE 2 worksheet in each case.

2017 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...s2017final.xls
2016 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...s2016final.xls
2015 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...elease2015.xls
2014 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...m77-410299.xls
2013 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...m77-370787.xls
2012 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...m77-317489.xls
2011 - https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...el#post1567774
2010 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...m77-227839.xls
2009 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...ata-tables.zip
2008 - https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peo...ata-tables.zip

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
All the quoted figures show is that the recorded death had flu recorded as contributing toward death, previously the death might have just been recorded as due to pneumonia or respiratory failure
Again sorry Bruce but you are plain wrong.

In the raw data Excel files above the causes of death are specifically recorded. If you bother to look, you will see that deaths caused by Pneumonia are on their own separate line.

So, wrong on both counts sorry. #musttryharder
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-12-2018, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You all live under the same roof I presume or at the least see each other often so will have been sharing the same bugs and viruses. Hardly a coincidence, just the natural spread of viruses on textiles, door handles, atomised in the air and so on.

Kids have far better immune systems than older people. They are young, peppy, full of life energy, able to stave off most ailments with ease.

The wider problem here is simply your mental processes for evaluation and deduction. You are valuing your subjective anecdotal evidence from just a handful of people (you and your family) over the more independent and objective studies conducted with MILLIONS of people.

That's a dangerous place to be.

Take the available data to heart and put your personal experiences into the right perspective.

Fear should NOT be the driver for the desire to be vaccinated.

The desire should come from a completely impartial and objective evaluation of the vaccine and its proven ability to do what it says on the tin.

In this case the flu vaccines clearly don't do what they say on the tin. They are useless. 1000s of studies have proved it. On that basis what possible reason could there be to have the vaccine?

I see only the following reasons:

1) A person is unable to exercise sound judgement

2) A person is totally unaware of the available data and evidence and has the vaccine in ignorance

3) A person is aware of the all the evidence but chooses to ignore it or to simply not believe it

4) A person is in total denial about the evidence

In the case of option 3, those refusing to believe the evidence without any rational explanation for refuting it fall into category 1 imo. There will I guess, be some who DO refute the evidence, but as yet I haven't met one nor seen any counter evidence put up.
And I will continue to do what my family finds best over any amount of research by millions of others. I am an individual as are my family members our bodies are all different so what works for millions may not work for one of us. Many take ibuprofen swear by it, personally I swear at it as I am allergic. Same goes for fruits and healthy eating if it affects my body badly I don't care how many others think it's great.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

08-12-2018, 07:27 PM

And I will continue to do what my family finds best over any amount of research by millions of others. .
Your prerogative for your own body Julie. For that of your children, a different matter entirely. Given the extensive research and evidence and the fact that some children being given flu vaccines end up with things like Guillian Barre Syndrone (however tiny that number is) it seems pretty heartless to subject your kids to snake oil vaccines with serious side effects just because you personally refuse to take on board the data.

Page 36 of 56 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top