Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 10:20 AM

Re: Teresa May is voted down .

Hi

It is a rare day when the Telegraph and the Guardian are both calling for the same thing.

May must go, she has lost all credibility.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is a rare day when the Telegraph and the Guardian are both calling for the same thing.

May must go, she has lost all credibility.
Ironic, as she seems to be the only grown up in Westminster..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 10:34 AM

One way to keep business running here is to reduce VAT back down to 17.5%.

That would make a huge difference. This would only be possible if the no deal was the final outcome
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:17 AM

The EU pantomine is very happy for people to focus their attentions on politicians like May rather than see that the EU itself, is never going to allow us to leave.

Make no mistake the EU is DESPERATE for the UK not to leave. They will lose out on the £39 billion for a start and all the subsequent yearly funding that the UK would otherwise have provided for them.

More importantly though, VASTLY more important, is the fact that the EU simply can not afford to allow any member state to voluntarily leave the collective and make a success of it, as if that happened, other member states would most certainly follow and the EU project at that point would be finished, done with, game over.

So let's make no mistake here. It's not about who buys the most, who imports or exports the most, it's not about manufacturing vs services, it is simply about the very principle of any member state leaving the EU.

The EU will fight tooth and nail to keep us in and that is exactly what we have been witnessing. They are pulling the strings of our politicians, who are just doing their bidding, they are standing firm and offering us nothing tangible in the negotiations. They are making it as royally hard as possible for us to leave.

The closer a No Deal approaches the more their Campaigns Of Fear will ramp up. The current levels of Project Fear and Project Hysteria are frankly astonishing, with the various sound bites and mantras being trotted out on the BBC on a daily, if not hourly basis. "No Deal will be catastrophic", "No Deal means 'crashing out'" etc etc

They are brainwashing the populous at every opportunity.

I say again, the EU is utterly DESPERATE for us not to leave because the UK is a foundational playing card in the House Of Cards that is the EU. If we leave, the cards come tumbling down.

The EU has FAR FAR more to lose than just the UK if we do in fact leave and that's why they will continue to fight our democratic decision for as long as it takes.

This is a dictatorship any way you cut it. A totalitarian regime using stealth and skulduggery to achieve its ends. We HAVE to break free, we absolutely must.

They are going to make us hurt either way so may as well knuckle down and "man up" and prepare for it. No more fannying about. We must see this through.

NO DEAL all the way now, just get it done.

The damage to jobs and businesses will not be the result of BrExit.

It will be the result of a dictatorship purposefully seeking to damage us in order to preserve it's power and status quo.

It is time to ditch the bitch!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
As a concerned Brit speaking from Australia,I would just like to say that I'm glad I'm speaking from Australia.
Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I second that.
Out of interest, how much coverage has this had in Oz? Here, it's on almost twenty four hours a day in some form or another.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I suspect that, now that all bluffs have been called, a new deal will be forged in the nick of time which will be sufficient to appease both sides.

But we wait and see. It's one mightily odd situation.
You could be right there Dex. We have to remember that they are politicians, so being straight with us was never on the cards. It is all one big game to them with their twists and turns and all the braying like donkeys in the house of commons.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:59 AM

She has to go.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I suspect that, now that all bluffs have been called, a new deal will be forged in the nick of time which will be sufficient to appease both sides.

But we wait and see. It's one mightily odd situation.
There's only one way to appease me (and I hope all the other Brexiteers) and that is to wash our hands of the whole corrupt bunch of EU bureaucrats ripping us off left right and centre....
One thing is for sure; if we don't come out of the EU there is going to be one shed load of trouble brewing.....I'm dusting off my fluorescent Jacket as we speak!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-01-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
There's only one way to appease me (and I hope all the other Brexiters) and that is to wash our hands of the whole corrupt bunch of EU bureaucrats ripping us off left right and centre....
I have been thinking about all this wondering what will happen next blah, blah blah and you are right Foxy. NO Deal is the only way forward. Sometimes in life we over-work problems and end up in a sh*tty mess when in fact, the answer was simple and there all along. We voted to leave, let's leave. As for May's so called deal, that should go straight into the shredder.

It is the only way forward I reckon.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
i have been thinking about all this wondering what will happen next blah, blah blah and you are right foxy. No deal is the only way forward. Sometimes in life we over-work problems and end up in a sh*tty mess when in fact, the answer was simple and there all along. We voted to leave, let's leave. As for may's so called deal, that should go straight into the shredder.

It is the only way forward i reckon.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top