Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 02:00 PM

Re: Is anyone bothering with the election?

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Beware!!
There is a huge scam doing the rounds that could and possibly will fool a lot of people.
It,s called the Labour Manifesto.
...very good BB
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Beware!!
There is a huge scam doing the rounds that could and possibly will fool a lot of people.
It,s called the Labour Manifesto.
Brilliant !

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Scotlands voting should be interesting...

Firstly, the weather could be a factor on turnout because it gets darker a lot quicker up there compared to England, plus the weather is a lot worse in the winter than what we are used to here.

Then, thinking about it.... the Conservatives are the only party that wants to keep the Union together of the UK, so the Indyref "no" vote will have to go somewhere... labour is tanking in the polls in Scotland so its going to be interesting to see what happens (the SNP lost about 13 seats in the last GE to the tories).

The other part of this that I'm very curious as to how its all going to play out, is just how many of the Scottish independence votes will move over to conservative votes. My reasoning is that in the late 80s the SNP switched from being an anti-EU party to a pro-EU party, when they realised that people would be reluctant to vote for an independence vote for Scotland if they were isolated from the EU and the UK.

If Scotland did vote to leave the UK, Scotland would need time (years and years) to ascend to the EU and there would be no guarantee they would be able to join because of the currency issue and their deficit (the biggest in the EU). Also bear in mind that 38% of Scots voted to leave the EU and 55% of Scots voted to remain in the UK (how's that for a split vote).

Furthermore, all the arguments that Sturgeon has given for the "disaster" that would happen in the case of Brexit (trade friction, tarrifs, non-regulatory alignment, borders etc etc), this would also work the other way if the UK was outside the EU and Scotland left the UK and joined the EU (trade friction, tarrifs, non-regulatory alignment, borders etc etc) ... the same situation.... So, will the Scots see through Nicola's Sturgeons indyref 2 pitch and realise that being in the UK is way more preferable to being outside the UK and inside the EU, especially when 65% of Scotlands trade is with the UK and only about 25% with the EU.

I hope that makes sense

I'm sure that Scotland will remain in the UK after we leave the EU. It makes sense.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 07:22 PM

Ok I need some help here if I dont get guidance I cant vote for anyone . I've listened to the talks watched the news and read what I can but my head is muddled .

I dont know who to vote for .

Without going into lots of writing can you wise people on here do a few sentences of who I should think about voting for and Why .

Make it simple and your honest reasoning of who will be best for this country .

Please keep it short and simple thankyou
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Ok I need some help here if I dont get guidance I cant vote for anyone . I've listened to the talks watched the news and read what I can but my head is muddled .

I dont know who to vote for .

Without going into lots of writing can you wise people on here do a few sentences of who I should think about voting for and Why .

Make it simple and your honest reasoning of who will be best for this country .

Please keep it short and simple thankyou
Brexit party Susan!

Donkeyman!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 07:33 PM

Donkey man there isn't a candidate to vote for here
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It certainly feels like it Floydy. I honestly don't know what to believe any more. I don't feel strongly enough to condone any of the violent outcomes you suggest! But I do feel we have no real choice. I suppose I've felt this way for years but this election I guess has really brought it out into the open.

Annie, do you think perhaps your despair is your Remainer self coming to the fore, knowing that at this present time, the Tory Party is way ahead in the polls, therefore ensuring that Brexit, in whatever form it may take, is destined to go ahead?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Annie, do you think perhaps your despair is your Remainer self coming to the fore, knowing that at this present time, the Tory Party is way ahead in the polls, therefore ensuring that Brexit, in whatever form it may take, is destined to go ahead?
The bit that worries me SG is the whatever form it may take bit?
Any thing coming out of the snake piit is suspect for me?
Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

27-11-2019, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Donkey man there isn't a candidate to vote for here
Nor here Susan! Have you got a UKip candidate?
Otherwise vote none of the above?
Regards Donkeyman!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Don't panic, Anne. Boris's deal (May's deal Mk 2) isn't actually Brexit.

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top