Join for free
Page 13 of 23 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 02:46 PM

Re: Let's Face It Ireland Got Screwed

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Well, there are very strong links with the Irish and the USA. This could work out well in a future trade deal for students, jobs, investment etc.
Ah! You finally understand why a trade deal between the usa and UK must honour the GFA? Because in the usa the senate employs it's right to oversee the executive. Something the HoC is about to squander.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
It's never all "doom & gloom" - not even when you take a dump in your own backyard, as the UK did with Brexit.

The worst thing that is going to happen? Probably the economic hardship that will be caused by spaffing all of the economic benefits of EU membership up the wall - pardon the Johnsonian turn-of-phrase in that sentence.

Brexiteers will continue to deny this - I have no intention whatsoever of wasting time re-hashing arguments which have bounced back-and-forth on these forums and elsewhere ad infinitum. But that is my answer. The political reasons for leaving the EU - well, a bit of them - I get; the economic stuff you would need the brain of a duck to agree with. And that is an insult to ducks.

Incidentally, Boris Johnson is not and never was a convinced and sincere Brexiteer - unlike, for instance, Bill Cash and the rest of them. Reporters traipsed around following the hapless Honey Monster for weeks before he finally took the plunge, and the reason he did that was to promote his chances of becoming Tory Party leader:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNzIpPpK2BI

He's an Old Etonian, remember - he just wants to be captain of the school cricket-team. He could equally have swung the other way, and would easily have done so to gain power. A total opportunist.
Can I borrow your crystal ball please, Fogey?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Can I borrow your crystal ball please, Fogey?
Just read the papers (but avoid the DE) to see: no deal with EU, no deal with usa, no deal with australia, no deal with japan and on and on.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Just read the papers (but avoid the DE) to see: no deal with EU, no deal with usa, no deal with australia, no deal with japan and on and on.
Neither has the EU
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-07-2020, 03:07 PM

Neither has the EU
Indeed, the EU has no deal with the EU, but it has with japan, something you are trying. Boris said ge wants the same deal as australia has with the EU. So who is lying, you or boris?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 03:16 PM

Indeed, the EU has no deal with the EU, but it has with japan, something you are trying. Boris said ge wants the same deal as australia has with the EU. So who is lying, you or boris?
It has no deal that's ratified with Japan, no deal with Australia and no deal with the USA.

Don't you look silly
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-07-2020, 03:30 PM

It has no deal that's ratified with Japan, no deal with Australia and no deal with the USA.

Don't you look silly
With japan it has, but you already lost that discussion with 7773911.

So boris is lying in saying he wants the same deal? Which is non existent according to you.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
It's never all "doom & gloom" - not even when you take a dump in your own backyard, as the UK did with Brexit.

The worst thing that is going to happen? Probably the economic hardship that will be caused by spaffing all of the economic benefits of EU membership up the wall - pardon the Johnsonian turn-of-phrase in that sentence.

Brexiteers will continue to deny this - I have no intention whatsoever of wasting time re-hashing arguments which have bounced back-and-forth on these forums and elsewhere ad infinitum. But that is my answer. The political reasons for leaving the EU - well, a bit of them - I get; the economic stuff you would need the brain of a duck to agree with. And that is an insult to ducks.

Incidentally, Boris Johnson is not and never was a convinced and sincere Brexiteer - unlike, for instance, Bill Cash and the rest of them. Reporters traipsed around following the hapless Honey Monster for weeks before he finally took the plunge, and the reason he did that was to promote his chances of becoming Tory Party leader:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNzIpPpK2BI

He's an Old Etonian, remember - he just wants to be captain of the school cricket-team. He could equally have swung the other way, and would easily have done so to gain power. A total opportunist.
The economic hardship? Yes, according to some experts. Other experts have different points of view. The experts don't always get it right and you could come up with 50 experts predicting the economy is going to tank and I can come up with 50 predicting the opposite so that discussion is rather pointless.
However, of the economy wasn't even among the top three most common reasons people gave for voting to leave. So either they didn't believe the experts or they did and didn't care and voted leave anyway.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-07-2020, 03:34 PM

With japan it has, but you already lost that discussion with 7773911.

So boris is lying in saying he wants the same deal? Which is non existent according to you.
No I didn't - Japan isn't ratified.

The deal we have offered is based on the Canada one you already have (although that's not ratified either).
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-07-2020, 03:45 PM

No I didn't - Japan isn't ratified.

The deal we have offered is based on the Canada one you already have (although that's not ratified either).
In your opinion that is where boris takes his lead in putting the HoC out of play in closing trade deals? The government negotiates the deal in secrecy (like with usa) and closes the deal. The HoC cannot execute a right to (dis)approve.

Page 13 of 23 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top