Join for free
Page 22 of 23 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 04:41 PM

Re: Let's Face It Ireland Got Screwed

Originally Posted by Bread ->
What he really means is that because the UK wasn't there to push back on the commission and help tiny countries like The Netherlands, they call trampled over like a steam roller, with the commission getting authorised to borrow whatever it wants on the capital markets to pay for the zombie project and hand the bill to whoever it wants.

Another celebration of failure on behalf of "fake European fan boy", Solasch
Ahhh, Ok, I did think that maybe he has been refused Immigration status to the UK hence the hate, but I don’t understand why one ordinary Dutchman is so upset about us leaving. Odd!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
So why the continuous vitriol?
Should you really be interested, look at the posts from "my starting" time. The debate was much more civil, the balance remain: leave approx. 1:2. Over time the discussions hardened, several posters had enough of being insulted and left for other sections of the forum or quit altogether. I'm not touched by other people's opinion of me, but I started to give as good as I get.
At the moment I guess I'm (almost) the last one left, too stubborn to give up, too annoyed at some of the lies and false facts spread in posts here, but most of all, too curious to see how the situation around brexit will conclude.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 05:07 PM

Ahhh, Ok, I did think that maybe he has been refused Immigration status to the UK hence the hate, but I don’t understand why one ordinary Dutchman is so upset about us leaving. Odd!
I hate stupidity, and I had never thought that it would be that abundant in the people I respect(ed). Because members on this forum have shown more characteristics of the country they say are proud to have conquered 75 years ago, than I ever thought possible.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I hate stupidity, and I had never thought that it would be that abundant in the people I respect(ed). Because members on this forum have shown more characteristics of the country they say are proud to have conquered 75 years ago, than I ever thought possible.
Not quite sure which country you are referring to but I understand that out of the current 200 nations in the world, the British have invaded all but 22 of them.
So on behalf of the people of Britain I apologise to you and your fellow countrymen that we a very small island in the North Sea were a tad presumptuous.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

03-08-2020, 05:22 PM

Should you really be interested, look at the posts from "my starting" time. The debate was much more civil, the balance remain: leave approx. 1:2. Over time the discussions hardened, several posters had enough of being insulted and left for other sections of the forum or quit altogether. I'm not touched by other people's opinion of me, but I started to give as good as I get.
At the moment I guess I'm (almost) the last one left, too stubborn to give up, too annoyed at some of the lies and false facts spread in posts here, but most of all, too curious to see how the situation around brexit will conclude.
Bloody hell I am not that interested so in effect you are hanging in here just to say, ‘ See? I told you so’?
Not very mature but whatever gets your rocks off eh?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 05:38 PM

A few reasons why ...

1. The UK has always sided with The Netherlands regarding payments to the EU and pushed back. The UK was the 2nd biggest contributor to the EU and is the 5th biggest economy in the world, and so commands a huge amount of clout. Now we've left, The Netherlands just get trampled over by the commission, like they did over Covid funding and mutualising their debts.

2. The UK has always come to the rescue of Europe every time Germany invades occupies the countries like in the 2nd World War. With the UK in the EU, The Netherlands felt safe because if Germany ever tried a stunt like that again, the UK was in the EU and on the doorstep to intervene. Now we've left, The Netherlands belongs to Germany again.

3. The UK contributions need to be made up by the 27 - as The Netherlands is a net contributor they will be called on, first for the funding on the books and secondly the funding that is "off-book" in addition, such as cohesion funding and bribing the Ukraine.

The Netherlands has never been taken seriously.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-08-2020, 05:43 PM

Bloody hell I am not that interested so in effect you are hanging in here just to say, See? I told you so’?
Not very mature but whatever gets your rocks off eh?
What makes you think that? I seriously consider the possibility that boris makes a great succes of brexit. Don't you?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-08-2020, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
A few reasons why ...

2. The UK has always come to the rescue of Europe every time Germany invades occupies the countries like in the 2nd World War. With the UK in the EU, The Netherlands felt safe because if Germany ever tried a stunt like that again, the UK was in the EU and on the doorstep to intervene. Now we've left, The Netherlands belongs to Germany again.

3. The UK contributions need to be made up by the 27 - as The Netherlands is a net contributor they will be called on, first for the funding on the books and secondly the funding that is "off-book" in addition, such as cohesion funding and bribing the Ukraine.

The Netherlands has never been taken seriously.
2. We have been occupied by france, by spain too. On the other hand, wasn't it at utrecht, after the english and dutch conquered spain, that you took gibraltar From spain?

3. The fact that there was a deal without Britain being involved is very significant. You may recall Brexiteers used to trumpet the idea that somehow the EU wouldn’t be able to make the sums add up in its budget without the UK’s contribution," said Mr McDonagh.

"So,*this package has been reached,*not only in the context of the*Covid*crisis and having to adopt a special recovery package,*but also in a context where Britain’s departure and its net contribution to the budget has been managed very smoothly.
https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0721/11...d-budget-deal/

You must know the feeling. I never take you seriously.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

03-08-2020, 05:51 PM

Not quite sure which country you are referring to but I understand that out of the current 200 nations in the world, the British have invaded all but 22 of them.
So on behalf of the people of Britain I apologise to you and your fellow countrymen that we a very small island in the North Sea were a tad presumptuous.
I give you that. The english never had the audacity to invade the netherlands. So let's call it quits.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

03-08-2020, 06:25 PM

What makes you think that? I seriously consider the possibility that boris makes a great succes of brexit. Don't you?
I voted out, the EU are not very happy about that, I am the ‘spawn of the devil’
It’s done we are out, we are grownups and rightly or wrongly the decision has been made.
I don’t think we really hate any European country, we may dislike Germany and France but that’s genetic they start wars and we have to invade them and smack their legs..in the case of the French, lots of times. I suppose that pain has stayed with them and maybe this is payback time for them, make Brexit very very difficult...
Anyway...
Got this from another forum
https://ec.europa.eu/info/strategy/e...t/2021-2027_en

€1.82 trillion spend?
Good luck with that.

Page 22 of 23 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top