Join for free
Page 41 of 51 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 04:14 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Better than being men who are so insecure that they cannot carry on a proper discussion without derogatory comments aimed at women .
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 04:16 PM

I thought you had blocked me?
Name calling ..again will only get you into trouble Muddy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 04:21 PM

I haven’t blocked you .
I don’t need to block anyone who makes stupid posts I just ignore them .
And I haven’t called anyone names .
If you chose to associate yourself with insecure men who can’t carry on a respectful discussion with women that is your problem .
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 04:27 PM

I will certainly try not to to associate myself with insecure men How that will help Climate Change is beyond me but hey! Every bit helps right ?
Ps thank you for ignoring me
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

05-10-2020, 04:34 PM

Wise men speak.........
Plato
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I haven’t blocked you .
I don’t need to block anyone who makes stupid posts I just ignore them .
And I haven’t called anyone names .
If you chose to associate yourself with insecure men who can’t carry on a respectful discussion with women that is your problem .
He is wrong Muddy, it was me who put him on ignore because his comments were spoiling this discussion!
It has worked quite well for me as I can now respond to people who have a point to make, without being rude!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 07:50 PM

How much damage do you actually know they have caused ?
Truly do tell us .
They do disrupt certain things I doubt very much you personally have been disrupted by ER . Unless you happened to be working in London near a publishing house on the occasion they stopped traffic
They don’t have any punishment because they don’t commit crimes .
They don’t attack policeman or vandalise statues
It’s not unlawful to demonstrate .
Indeed peaceful assembly it is a tradition in our country
If XR is targeted for peaceful assembly while BLM and other more radical groups who do do damage are ignored ( to the point where the police knee in front of them )
It’s a sad state of affairs and shows once again the police like to cherry pick .
Easier to arrest middle aged and elderly climate protesters that strong young BLM

They don’t behave like naughty children at all .
They behave like thinking people as most of them are.
Yes they do influence people .
Not everyone has their head in the sand .
More and more people are coming to the realisation of what we are doing to the planet .
As I said, Muddy, I'm not going to discuss the whys and wherefores of why they do these things. Neither do I possess a list of the various damages they have caused.

The one that I do know about, and mentioned earlier on this forum, is the criminal damage of extensively digging up a lawn at one of our most prestigious universities.

What positive outcome did they actually achieve by doing that?

Why were they not charged with criminal damage and prosecuted as a result?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

05-10-2020, 08:24 PM

You don’t have a list because they haven’t got anything to make a list off .

Re the grass ( which was the best and possibly the only one you could find )

we have gone into all that already some pages back

Who cares that they dug up a small patch of hallowed grass at an elitist University .

They dug it up to show their displeasure at Cambridge investing some of its super massive portfolio in fossil fuels while at the same time doing research into climate change .

Hypocrisy!

Cambridge knows well the dangers of fossil fuels .

Sorry JBR you are on a losing wicket here .
A little bit of grass impresses no one .
Especially as the vast majority of people on the planet will never see it .

FGS corporations are mowing down the rainforest - the lungs of the world - who cares about a patch of turf in Cambridge university ?

Anyway I am not a member of ER nor do I support everything they do .

Harping on about them is just another way that this topic has been derailed from its original subject .

Extinction the Facts .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Ooh Foxy, have you always been jealous of people who acquired wealth and do you always blame them when you hear that things are going badly, so you don't have to do anything about it?
Everybody is responsible for what is happening. Look at all the idiots who couldn't possibly manage without a holiday abroad this year, then needed assistance to get home & have probably brought more risk of Covid19 to those who stayed at home.
We all want more than we need & our wants get more every year, but very few will admit it! If the extinction rebellion help to reduce our wants, then I am pleased for them..but I don't listen to their protests. I haven't taken a holiday abroad or in the UK for more than 12 years, & travel less than 3000 miles a year in my car, so I am doing my bit. I do it in the hope that life on earth will survive & I hope others do it for the same reason!
Not at all Twink, I'm not blaming them, I admire them. But they are ultimately the only ones who control what happens in this world and who can make things happen. Or Not!

I suspect that the reason you have not taken any holidays abroad Twink, is not due to the demise of the planet. I don't know the proper reason, and I don't want to know, but be honest Twink, there were other more important factors involved? ....But flights will not have been cancelled due to your abstinence. I do know that a scheduled flight will proceed with empty seats. So it would be false economy not to occupy it...I also think that your low driving mileage is probably due to either dislike of driving or a lack of confidence rather that it's effects on pollution.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 08:41 PM

You don’t have a list because they haven’t got anything to make a list off .

Re the grass ( which was the best and possibly the only one you could find )

we have gone into all that already some pages back

Who cares that they dug up a small patch of hallowed grass at an elitist University .

They dug it up to show their displeasure at Cambridge investing some of its super massive portfolio in fossil fuels while at the same time doing research into climate change .

Hypocrisy!

Cambridge knows well the dangers of fossil fuels .

Sorry JBR you are on a losing wicket here .
A little bit of grass impresses no one .
Especially as the vast majority of people on the planet will never see it .

FGS corporations are mowing down the rainforest - the lungs of the world - who cares about a patch of turf in Cambridge university ?

Anyway I am not a member of ER nor do I support everything they do .

Harping on about them is just another way that this topic has been derailed from its original subject .

Extinction the Facts .
I care that a group of self-righteous people can commit criminal damage without incurring a prosecution.

Are you in favour of certain people being above the law?

Page 41 of 51 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top