Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 07:52 PM

Re: The president's brain is atrophied. Greasy Joe - it starts

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
No president has ever had exclusive control over them, so I think that point is null and void, sorry.
I'm sorry but that is just not true.

"Only the president can direct the use of nuclear weapons by U.S. Armed Forces, through plans like OPLAN 8010-12. The president has unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...(United_States)

"In the United States, a single person is authorized to make the decision to use a nuclear weapon—the president. They are not required to consult with any advisors before issuing a launch order. No one in the Defense Department, Congress, or the judicial branch can lawfully prevent the use of nuclear weapons once the president’s order is given."
https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/whose-finger-button
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:17 PM

Ok I stand corrected, apologies. I did read somewhere though, that a series of steps had to be undertaken by several people before a nuclear weapon was deployed, and it meant that a president in a fit of pique, couldn't deploy something. I forget where I read it, but it was during Trumps time. I recall being reassured......and now I'm not!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I'm sorry but that is just not true.

"Only the president can direct the use of nuclear weapons by U.S. Armed Forces, through plans like OPLAN 8010-12. The president has unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...(United_States)

"In the United States, a single person is authorized to make the decision to use a nuclear weapon—the president. They are not required to consult with any advisors before issuing a launch order. No one in the Defense Department, Congress, or the judicial branch can lawfully prevent the use of nuclear weapons once the president’s order is given."
https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/whose-finger-button
Hi

The dangers of the Internet and Wiki in particular.

There is a whole system of checks and balances in place before the politicians are asked to issue the codes for a launch.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:32 PM

Ok I stand corrected, apologies. I did read somewhere though, that a series of steps had to be undertaken by several people before a nuclear weapon was deployed, and it meant that a president in a fit of pique, couldn't deploy something. I forget where I read it, but it was during Trumps time. I recall being reassured......and now I'm not!
In fairness that, although theoretically possible, is a bit of a grey area.
This is what the BBC say:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42065714
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The dangers of the Internet and Wiki in particular.

There is a whole system of checks and balances in place before the politicians are asked to issue the codes for a launch.
Very true BUT they're virtually all human-to-human.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Quote from The Daily Mail - you really couldn't make it.

"During a visit to Houston, Texas Joe Biden appeared confused while giving a speech as he made a number of mistakes. The 46th US President asked "what am I doing here" during the speech and admitted that he was losing track"

Is anyone really surprised? The silly old duffer should be put out to grass. He's in his dotage. I dread to think what's festering away out of public gaze.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...atest-video-vn

Don’t worry to much about the president brain...worry about your own...

Seriously...I never knew he was 78... I would imagine he would have to have medicals once a month ?

That would worry me if he was allowed to push the button..
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 09:50 PM

Having watched that video, it appears to me that he is having visual trouble, and the "what am I doing here" refers to him losing track of the names he is reciting, not an actual "Why am I here" type thing. Just my input.
Agree, he was rubbing his left eye quite a bit and just lost his place reading his notes.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Don’t worry to much about the president brain...worry about your own...

Seriously...I never knew he was 78... I would imagine he would have to have medicals once a month ?

That would worry me if he was allowed to push the button..
Very true about my brain - 0pqbut on the other hand it's not my finger on the nuclear button.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You like Greasy-Joe? Great! Lots of your fellow citizens do!

Lots of other folk across the world don't - and with VERY good reason. As for grabbing pussy - that was hardly being anatomically intended, more it was refering to women in general!. When it comes to where the US is going under JB and the woman, better hopes the old boy hangs on because if SHE gets the hot seat then it'll be fun watching what happens as long as we don't get dragged into the inevitable clustermuck.
You realise how you sound? Let's just say it's not good.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:53 AM

I'm just wondering how many recent US presidents haven't had the same sort of insinuations made about them. Apart from Obama that is.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top