Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 03:06 PM

Re: Problem with some mobile phone networks today...

Nathan rang to say they had two people in A&E convinced they were having heart attacks because they had panic attacks due to their phones not working. What sort of world is this
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 07:07 PM

Hi

The O2 network here has been down all day, no Internet, No texts.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The O2 network here has been down all day, no Internet, No texts.
Should be fully back on by tomorrow morning according to O2.

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 08:02 PM

I own a portable communications device,but to the best of my knowledge,it's somewhere in a draw,snoozing. The last time I actually used it would be before Easter. The damned thing just annoys me,beeping at me because some brainless muppet just text[ed?] me a load of waffle I don't g-a-s about.
Oh-plus I once rang the hospital to order sturma bags for my mate who's got cancer...and the tit at the hospital end said he ''didn't recognise the number,so couldn't allow me to collect them''...so I had to drive Chris the 30+ miles to collect them. So much for 'smart' phones.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I have a Tesco contract Sweetie and it is with O2 but I haven't noticed any problems today.
Never had a problem in years. I like the fact that I can speak to someone in my own country, not so with EE.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
You would think that Armageddon had come about if you believed the over dramatic BBC News.
Actually I believe these things ARE being done deliberately to test what will happen in a major national incident. Basically a dry run.

It's not an isolated incident.

Earlier this year BT had a major outage for a sustained period and there was another outage of something which I can't remember now.

Getting ready for the impending national incident imho.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:24 PM

I have two mobiles one with an O2 contract. Ive had no problem today have received call ok.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Actually I believe these things ARE being done deliberately to test what will happen in a major national incident. Basically a dry run.

It's not an isolated incident.

Earlier this year BT had a major outage for a sustained period and there was another outage of something which I can't remember now.

Getting ready for the impending national incident imho.
Hi

You really have no idea do you?

Any tests are on every network going down, which is what would happen in a real life Cyber Attack.

The Secure Networks are very different.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:10 PM

I am with O2 via Tesco. My texts to my sister in Spain kept failing, so l sent them again but still got the same ‘Failed’ message.
I gave up, then my sister texted me to say, she had received 8 identical texts from me!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:30 PM

I've always been with 3, occasionaly trying out the opposition but soon reverting to 3 again. I think they were the first network I used.

I don't move around a lot but in Edinburgh City Centre they are amongst the best. And I can't recall the last outage from them; I'm not saying it hasn't happened but it seems a long time ago if it has.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top