Join for free
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 09:40 PM

Football/Rugby Fans

I'm curious... I see women's teams are on the up now, both football and rugby.

If you're a sports fan do you follow the ladies football/rugby as you would the usual male teams or do you think they don't cut it as well as the blokes?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 10:38 PM

Re: Football/Rugby Fans

I can't speak about football, but Women's Rugby has come on in leaps and bounds. The England women's rugby team is superb. Tough, skilful and talented. They are just as good to watch as the men!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 10:54 PM

Couldn't agree more MikeB. I love watching our Blackferns play. They are tough, fast and attractive. No loss of femininity but tough!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 04:27 AM

Hull FC rugby league team also have a ladies team who take part in their own variation of the Super League and are positioned always near the top.
I haven't seen them play but I expect they will be supporting the men's team on occasion when I plan to get back to going to seeing FC live again next season.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 03:28 PM

I don't watch much football these days but I would be happy to watch the women's teams. I do remember enjoying the women's hockey during the Olympics.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2019, 07:55 PM

I watch both football & rugby ladies games, and find the girls
give good value as compared to the men, more so in the
football game! I shall continue to watch them and look forward
to seeing their improvment in the future!

Regards Donkeyman!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the replies - it's great to hear they are all positive too.

I must admit I don't watch any sport now (not since Georgie Best and Pele ), but I've seen highlights on the news re ladies teams and often wondered if men felt they were 'games for men' only.
So it's really good they are taken seriously and as good as the men!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't watch much football these days but I would be happy to watch the women's teams. I do remember enjoying the women's hockey during the Olympics.

Dingalong, re women's hockey - it's not unusual though for women to play hockey, whereas fottie and rugby used to be more a 'man's game'.

Now you've got me wondering if men play hockey ..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top