Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Asp3
San Jose, CA
Asp3 is male  Asp3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 09:30 PM

What sort of art do you have in your home?

I thought this forum would be the best section for this question because it is somewhat about decorating. I was wondering what sort of art other people have in their homes.

My wife is a glass artist, but we have very few pieces of her work in our house. After she gets done with something she's usually tired of it. Most of the art we have are pieces we've found during the Open Studios weekends they have in this area. Most of the pieces are from the San Francisco Open Studios.

We have at least one piece in almost every room in our house. We have some large pottery, assemblages, sculptures, prints, paintings and other objects.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 10:00 PM

Re: What sort of art do you have in your home?

On one wall I have the wonderful 'Spanish Dancing Lady' By John Singer Sargent
On anorher I have Vermeer's Head of a Young Girl', whose eyes follow me around the room
Also Leonardo's Mother and Child and many prints ot the Renaissance Italian artists
i also love Sorrolla
I do have one of Jack Venttriano,but the is so vain depicting himself with gorgeous women usually with his braces down... silly man

I like some abstracts like Paul Klee
Art is my favourite hobby and I like sculpture as well.

How wonderful being married to an Artist|!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 10:11 PM

Mostly African art and carvings here in the lounge, in the kitchen Spanish hand painted pottery which I buy in different parts of Spain. Also a David Sheppard signed print of the ploughman, this was a gift from a friend who owns an art gallery and a print of a painting of my motherīs house which I found in a large department store.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 10:14 PM

I have a portrait bust of myself when I was 30. I was a model for a class taught by local sculptor Stuart Osborne who was in his day an associate of Jacob Epstein. My husband bought it after an exhibition had closed. I look at it daily: I'm still 'me'.
Other than that I have a re strike print of The Sea Has Its Pearls by William Henry Margetson. I love the way the woman's fluid clothing blends into the wavy edge of the sea shore. As for my husband, he has a large print onto canvas of Andy Warhol's Elvis. He loves it. Our taste in art is poles apart.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 10:21 PM

Cheap and cheerful stuff.
Mr M keeps buying canvas and paints so I throw on my bohemian smock and get daubing.
Usually after that he'll hand me an emulsion brush and I just get up the step ladders and carry on with the ceiling though it don't look like the Sistine Chapel
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 10:32 PM

In my den I have a collection of Mayan pottery. I also have collection of precious and semi precious stones in the ruff. My father was in the jewelry business and use to import stones from Brazil. Thats how I got turned on to this hobby.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I tend to adorn the walls with paintings and photographs to
(1) introduce colour
(2) hide the walls
(3) get stuff off the floor

I have some of my dad's paintings to hide the chimney breast wall, paintings and photo restores of mine, my late husband's and other people's A/W on other walls.

Blimey ... I have too much stuff !
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I have pictures and wall hangings all over my house nothing by anyone noteworthy but thats not what art is about ,I have it because I enjoy it wether it be a cheap charity shop pickup or other..I think if you enjoy something then thats all that matters.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 10:39 PM

Germania - in my former office, now den. My favourite is an old pen and ink drawing of Heidelberg from the ruin on the hill, walked over the bridge a few times A watercolour of the Rathaus in Coburg, which has been ruined by added on buildings. A Dr Perl pipe advertisement and plenty more pictures. About 50 steins and a few wall plates. I have put a miniature French tricolour in the window in memory of those souls slaughtered in Paris.

In addition, in other rooms, clocks, clocks and more clocks. a few original pictures and in Mrs Dobra's den, sea-going vessels.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2015, 10:39 PM

I have large bunch of metal poppies on the wall made by Jordan
various needle work projects done by Tasha and myself
a large knitted work done by me
a rug made by my husband
various photographs of our dogs present and past
and plates lots of decorative plates from MIL and my Nan

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top