Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 08:26 PM

Re: Football fans in Marseille

Fortunately, I have absolutely no interest in football so perhaps I shouldn't comment on here. Anyway, it seems to me that wherever there is football there are yobs whose only interest is fighting the opposition. I thought the British football yobs were the worst offenders, but it seems that they are not the only ones.

Cricket is not only a more interesting game, but it doesn't seem to have the same attraction for those 'certain people'!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Fortunately, I have absolutely no interest in football so perhaps I shouldn't comment on here. Anyway, it seems to me that wherever there is football there are yobs whose only interest is fighting the opposition. I thought the British football yobs were the worst offenders, but it seems that they are not the only ones.

Cricket is not only a more interesting game, but it doesn't seem to have the same attraction for those 'certain people'!
Maybe in the 80's but not now. We now have the best behaved(domestic)supporters in Europe and one of the best in the World.

Let's be honest, it's rare to pick up a Sunday newspaper and read about trouble at matches.

Unfortunately our 80's reputation has stuck and every hooligan wants to fight the English, especially the Eastern European/block countries, ignoring the fact that most supporters are families enjoying the true spirit of the game.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Maybe in the 80's but not now. We now have the best behaved(domestic)supporters in Europe and one of the best in the World.

Let's be honest, it's rare to pick up a Sunday newspaper and read about trouble at matches.

Unfortunately our 80's reputation has stuck and every hooligan wants to fight the English, especially the Eastern European/block countries, ignoring the fact that most supporters are families enjoying the true spirit of the game.
I'll take your word for it. As I said, I know nothing about football and I certainly never watch it.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'll take your word for it. As I said, I know nothing about football and I certainly never watch it.
I stopped going to games in the 80's when fighting was a common sport amongst the football hooligans.....I was getting paid for it so had very little interest outside the Army.

Then came the relative calm of the new millennium and I started taking my kids, it felt safe once again but the hooligans robbed me of a decade or so of live football.

At least the English police and courts do their best to stop troublemakers from travelling abroad. Anyone convicted of football violence has to surrender their passports prior to when this competition starts

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top