Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 12:20 AM

Vax powerwash died

My vax powerwash died. The patio has been washed and is lovely and bright but we had a bit more to do on the garden path

I checked the fuse and it's fine. It seems the unit itself has packed in after just one (quite lengthy). Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 12:45 AM

Re: Vax powerwash died

Was it new?
If so, take it back, it's obviously not fit for purpose. ie it diddn't do what it's made for. .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 12:51 AM

Unfortunately not. We bought it over a year ago so out of warranty. It's a pity as it was really effective. Can't seem to find any info online, but thought maybe it's blocked with some dust & short circuited although I thought that would mean the fuse goes wouldn't it?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 12:58 AM

I'd be tempted to email.|Vax UK and complain explaining its only been used once...whether outside the warrantee or not the fact remains it was used only once.

Any Vax engineer would be able to confirm it's light use.

If you get no joy try the president of Vax UK
dwinterbottom@vax.co.uk
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 09:22 AM

The same happened to my Karcher which was six years old but only used three times. It appeared to be the on/off switch. Ended up buying another one.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 09:50 AM

Our karcher did the same one use. Lucky for us it was in warranty and we returned it. Argos seemed completely unfazed as if it was a common problem. I think they are great but flawed and we hire one now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The same happened to my Karcher which was six years old but only used three times. It appeared to be the on/off switch. Ended up buying another one.
Our Karcher did the same Longdogs after only six months. Took it to bits and it was the switch....Bloody plastic bits...managed to modify it....Been great for the last year......You watch......now I've said that it'll pack up tomorrow....
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2017, 10:21 AM

Is the power supplied through an RCD? (Cos it should be) Try plugging it straight into a live socket or press the reset on the RCD.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-03-2017, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
oh no! it seems nothing lasts these days. I've only just replaced my vileda steam cleaner with a cheaper model after that died a death. I'm sure all these things can be fixed but a new one is just that bit cheaper than taking it to a technician.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-03-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Is the power supplied through an RCD? (Cos it should be) Try plugging it straight into a live socket or press the reset on the RCD.
is that something on the machine itself? I thought the RCD was something to do with the power supply like a trip switch in the house? Electrics is not my strong point....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top