Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:26 PM

Foster doggy possibly

We don't usually foster we just fund raise because we are terrible fosterers and find we often can't hand them back but we have just been asked to go and look at a foster dog might work with our two. That's important obviously can't take one doesn't get on with them. Anyway it's a little boy 5 months old a bedlington cross chihuahua I'm very curious what he will look like !

No name yet but will update you if we can take him on.

Now repeating constantly this is a foster you can't keep him, this is a foster you can't keep him .......
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:43 PM

Re: Foster doggy possibly

Good for you, Julie. I just know he will thrive under your care.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We don't usually foster we just fund raise because we are terrible fosterers and find we often can't hand them back but we have just been asked to go and look at a foster dog might work with our two. That's important obviously can't take one doesn't get on with them. Anyway it's a little boy 5 months old a bedlington cross chihuahua I'm very curious what he will look like !

Now repeating constantly this is a foster you can't keep him, this is a foster you can't keep him .......
We currently have a big collie. We are considering getting a companion. We are just not sure how he will take that so we wondered if a foster would be the way to go until we see how it pans out?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

I would be really interested in seeing a picture of that little fella because of my Beddies, Julie.

I hope he gets loved and looked after soon, even if you don't take him on.

Just a thought, but have they castrated him as your two are girls aren't they? You don't want him 'marking' everywhere.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 06:20 PM

I hope you are better at than I am, Julie.

I have had two fosters.

Both of them failed .
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 07:08 PM

Good luck with the little doggy Julie. I bet that you will take one look at him and your heart will melt away.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:29 PM

Julie - did you not take on another doggie friend last year? So this will make four! Sounds an interesting cross. Good luck.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Julie - did you not take on another doggie friend last year? So this will make four! Sounds an interesting cross. Good luck.
ST, I remember Julie telling us that Jenny sadly died.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 10:27 AM

Jenny died sadly her kidneys weren't good when we took her on and we just couldn't get a medication that worked for long.
In the end it was better for her to go to sleep gently than struggle through another day. Heart breaking for us but it was best for her.

I am sorry to say it looks like this foster won't be coming after all, Betty took an instant dislike and I don't want to make my two feel any pressure they come first I'm afraid.

We were chatting to the rescue rehomer and she said another girl was coming in next week a little pug who is coming from a multi dog household, so is used to other dogs around her. So we are going to have a try with her.

Don't worry about George the beddie cross he's gone to a single dog household where he can be sexy as he wants, that was the problem with Betty she isn't a sexy lady more like a little Nun, doesn't take kindly to males trying to be too friendly.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:46 AM

So sorry Julie, I missed the fact that Jenny had had died.

George sounds a bit of romeo - I am sure Betty will prefer the little Pug

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top