Join for free
Page 20 of 28 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:16 PM

Re: Brexit - Can you ever please both sides?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
In which case they are bamboozled as the older generation simply worked very hard to buy their houses and worked long years in companies which rightly rewarded them with pensions. Nothing to do with the EU.

A clear example of why the older generation are more experienced and less gullible.

And yet any young person can go and live and work in ANY country in this world right now and always have been able to. That won't change after BrExit. You simply need to go through due process, get your work VISA just as you would now if you want to say go work in the USA or Canada.
Is there some reason these young people don't want to follow due process and get work VISA's? Are they wanting to work illegally and not pay taxes etc?

Which is extraordinary is it not because it was the Looney Labour government that recklessly spent all the country's money in an uncontrolled fashion and who sold all our gold reserves for a pittance to foreign interests.

Again, another clear indicator of how easily the young are duped and how gullible they can be whereas the older generation can't be fooled so easily and see right through the duplicitous and utterly false promises and empty rhetoric of old Commie Corbyn.

Yes I agree. It seems that more and more younger people are seeing the light and have realised that they were played like a fiddle by Corbyn and his Momentum thugs at the last election and many are now rightly very angry.

They are correct that UK politics/government is broken. Actually it's not so much broken as simply completely undemocratic. The curtain has been drawn back due to BrExit and people can now see what our government and political system are in truth, which is just a sham democracy being operated by a bunch of elitist crony dictators in the EU.

Last night's Question Time gave me encouragement because it showed young people who actually did know what they were talking about and who could see that we needed to be out of the EU.
No wonder they think the older generation is out of touch with
the reality of of today’s society
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Free movement might have been fair if it had been global but we can't have people from the world descending on us so we should restrict it to the best people, the people we need. No one minded offering asylum until we had free movement of people from poor countries in EU. I don't want anyone needs our help turned away but we can't manage them and all the EU people turning up too.

We are an Island race always managed our own affairs and look at what has happened to us since we handed that control to others, we have weak greedy politicians, scared selfish young people. Scared of leaving EU and selfishly wanting to make everyone stay because they haven't the gumption to try to make anything else work. Someone needs to tell them we had travel before EU membership. I grew up with Spanish and Italians and German neighbours here because we needed them. Several family members worked in Sri Lanka, Thailand, America, Canada and Australia they traveled to work. Holidays we were oddities because we didn't go abroad just like today. People didn't need to belong to EU to travel. But talk to youngsters they think when we leave EU all travel will stop. I even spoke to one young lady seemed to think her favourite Spanish resort would become long haul flight !!! with people like that wanting the vote we are pretty much doomed !
You do speak a lot of sense, Julia.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We are not an "island race" who "always managed our own affairs" but an ex empire, with a far worse history than any EU actions.
Perhaps you'd be wiser to look forward rather than referring back to our empire. What's done - good or bad - is done.

We have, however, always managed our own affairs until, that is, our sovereignty was handed over to Brussels.

(Sorry, Julia, you beat me to it! I'm slowly ploughing through the last couple of pages.)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-01-2019, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
empire ? Empire building ? May i humbly suggest that the eu , a bunch of unelected unaccountable gangsters have built an empire of 28 nations so far and as demonstrated of late .... All held hostage !!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-01-2019, 04:09 PM

By the way the EU structure is far more democratic than the British political system. They don't have an unelected upper chamber.
No, just an unelected Commission which is in complete control!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-01-2019, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Last night's Question Time gave me encouragement because it showed young people who actually did know what they were talking about and who could see that we needed to be out of the EU.
I'm particularly enjoying watching the recording I made last night, and for no bigger reason than the presence of Abacus the Clown.
If nothing else, she offers excellent entertainment value!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:16 PM

I keep seeing reference to him and would be great to understand how we will get what we want from the EU after we leave as outsiders given we had no luck throwing our vast weight around as part of the club. Never mind negotiating deals with other big players on our own. How do Germany and France manage? It just underlines my point on ineptitude. It's like this is a big exercise to determine our ability on the world stage and we are failing.
We will get what we need not what we want as they will from us IMO we need to protect each other from criminals what we don't need is hundreds of EU criminals here pick pocketing and causing our people fear.
We are failing for two reasons the people doing the negotiating have EU pay masters and the remainers won't allow the leavers to move forward.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps you'd be wiser to look forward rather than referring back to our empire. What's done - good or bad - is done.
I will remind you of this post next time you mention WWII!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We will get what we need not what we want as they will from us IMO we need to protect each other from criminals what we don't need is hundreds of EU criminals here pick pocketing and causing our people fear.
We are failing for two reasons the people doing the negotiating have EU pay masters and the remainers won't allow the leavers to move forward.
I'm not sure i follow. Are you saying Cameron had EU paymasters?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-01-2019, 05:10 PM

I will remind you of this post next time you mention WWII!
Go ahead. We were defending not only ourselves but most of Europe too.

Perhaps you'd decry that too?

Page 20 of 28 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top