Join for free
Page 27 of 28 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 07:35 PM

Re: Brexit - Can you ever please both sides?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That is not mob rule. As i have already said, you keep condoning anarchy. Anarchy has no place in our society.
What are you left with when the Establishment demonstrably take no notice of the electorate and treat us like the great unwashed?

I don't believe for one second that they don't listen to radio phone ins, have a peak at forums and read public comments on newspaper articles.
They are fully aware of the anger building and carry on regardless.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 07:51 PM

Anger is only building because people are winding each other up and it's being encouraged on social media. Most could not have cared less before the referendum.

Oh and I don't remember a time in my life when the establishment ever listened to the electorate. Suddenly that is an issue...? It's nothing new.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 08:03 PM

Anger is only building because people are winding each other up and it's being encouraged on social media. Most could not have cared less before the referendum.

Oh and I don't remember a time in my life when the establishment ever listened to the electorate. Suddenly that is an issue...? It's nothing new.
It's an issue this time, as they have tried their best to scupper a democratic vote from day dot.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 08:19 PM

Anger is only building because people are winding each other up
It's the MPs who are winding me up.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 08:49 PM

When have MPs ever pleased the electorate? They always have to make unpopular decisions because nobody can ever give everyone what they want and still run the country so that it doesn't fall apart. I'm not happy with the way things are but it's interesting to see many getting so wound up by the media. It's like they press a button and the next day everyone is parroting the same line.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 08:58 PM

Well we had a General Election recently and the Tories won (albeit needing some DUP support).

As a result the Tories stayed in No 10 just as the people voted. Corbyn and his Loonies didn't go to No 10.

I'm not sure which part of this simple process you have a problem with.

The populous votes, the winner goes into No 10.

I can't personally remember any General Election where the winning party (or parties) were prevented from going to No 10, can you?

A referendum should be no different to this . . . but seemingly we have an unseen force making it so.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-01-2019, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Well we had a General Election recently and the Tories won (albeit needing some DUP support).

As a result the Tories stayed in No 10 just as the people voted. Corbyn and his Loonies didn't go to No 10.

I'm not sure which part of this simple process you have a problem with.

The populous votes, the winner goes into No 10.

I can't personally remember any General Election where the winning party (or parties) were prevented from going to No 10, can you?

A referendum should be no different to this . . . but seemingly we have an unseen force making it so.
There has never ever been a good choice of who to vote for. Plus when they get into power they never do any of the things on the manifesto. In fact they do lots of things that were not declared when they doorstep schmoozed. They will say anything to get into No. 10 and then do anything but what they promised. How is that democratic?

The referendum is actually being more delivered than any election promises. They have been wasting two years working on it and in negotiations. I don't see why everyone is complaining that they haven't tried to deliver on the result. Nobody ever makes this much of a fuss after an election result but no manifesto promise ever has this much effort put into it or time/money spent on it.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

23-01-2019, 09:04 PM

When have MPs ever pleased the electorate? They always have to make unpopular decisions because nobody can ever give everyone what they want and still run the country so that it doesn't fall apart. I'm not happy with the way things are but it's interesting to see many getting so wound up by the media. It's like they press a button and the next day everyone is parroting the same line.
I don't need the media to wind me up Annie, neither do many others. It's more a case where people have simply had enough of the ruling elite, and the Brexit saga is the cherry on top - the tipping point.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-01-2019, 11:54 PM

Fender I'd believe that if you were not using exactly the same language as everyone else seems to be using these days. "Ruling elite" is not a term I'd ever heard before the vote. I seriously do not believe that anyone other than staunch Marxists used the term prior to 2016. It's spoon-fed media spin.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 12:44 AM

"Ruling elite" is not a term I'd ever heard before the vote. I seriously do not believe that anyone other than staunch Marxists used the term prior to 2016. It's spoon-fed media spin.
You've been a mushroom then Annie. The term has been used for years.

They are also referred to as the 1% ers.

On the basis that they are the 1% with 99% of the wealth.

In the USA and other countries there's an entire movement actively protesting about the 1% ers. It started with a movement called "Occupy Wall Street", go read up on it

Page 27 of 28 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top