Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 01:16 AM

Re: Postage increase

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Parcels are very expensive to send to Australia, we stopped relative B/D & Christmas presents a while ago & cards. As they are all on FB we send greetings that way.
I wouldn't know what the rates to the UK are as I haven't sent a parcel for years.

As I understand it, by international agreement, the sending post office determines the rate and keeps all the money, the receiving end post office gets nothing for delivering it but I guess they all hope it evens out fairly.

I notice that for letters Australia Post has overseas one rate (for the weight) no matter the destination so it costs as much to send a letter to NZ as it does to the UK.

No aerograms any more either.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I wouldn't know what the rates to the UK are as I haven't sent a parcel for years.

As I understand it, by international agreement, the sending post office determines the rate and keeps all the money, the receiving end post office gets nothing for delivering it but I guess they all hope it evens out fairly.

I notice that for letters Australia Post has overseas one rate (for the weight) no matter the destination so it costs as much to send a letter to NZ as it does to the UK.

No aerograms any more either.
I do miss those, it was amazing how much you could write on one, providing you kept the writing small.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:34 PM

The price rises will start on 25th March.
It says all about it here:

https://www.mymailingroom.com/site/R...il-Prices-2019
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 09:30 PM

First-class stamps almost always guaranteed next-day delivery of letters.

Sadly, that is no longer the case.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
First-class stamps almost always guaranteed next-day delivery of letters.

Sadly, that is no longer the case.

True. I agree with that.
I recently sent something to a friend 1st class and it took about 4 days to get there.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top