Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:48 PM

Double Vision

So the little dog Diego managed to sneak off with my glasses and chew them. These are only about two months old as the original pair he chewed into 3 separate pieces.

As I was having trouble with double vision again the opticians this morning gave me another eye test.
Since last year when I was having double vision the results are now twice as bad as before so I'm having new lenses with corrective lenses. The girl that tested me said my eye muscles seem to be making it so my vision is like me having just one eye.

If this deteriorates even further I could end up like this.

susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 02:04 PM

Re: Double Vision

You shouldn't leave your specs in a place where your doggy can reach them MC.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->

If this deteriorates even further I could end up like this.

I feel like that right now. Cataracts in both eyes, one eye been operated on.
Depth perception totally shot.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
You shouldn't leave your specs in a place where your doggy can reach them MC.
I have to take them off when I'm using my tablet etc and usually put them high up but occasionally forget and will take them off and just put them down.
He knows he's being naughty as he's wagging his tail and wiggling his bum as he runs off with them. It's quite comical if it wasn't for the damage and the cost.
I've just had to fork out £155 for 2 new pairs today. I've also bought three of those little leather strap things so I can hang them round my neck rather than putting them down.

The Culprit. Butter wouldn't melt.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 07:10 PM

I have to take them off when I'm using my tablet etc and usually put them high up but occasionally forget and will take them off and just put them down.
He knows he's being naughty as he's wagging his tail and wiggling his bum as he runs off with them. It's quite comical if it wasn't for the damage and the cost.
I've just had to fork out £155 for 2 new pairs today. I've also bought three of those little leather strap things so I can hang them round my neck rather than putting them down.

What an innocent face!
Mondays child
United Kingdom

04-04-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I feel like that right now. Cataracts in both eyes, one eye been operated on.
Depth perception totally shot.
Sounds awful I don't know how I would cope as I cannot stand anyone even looking closely into my eyes never mind touching them.
It took about five or six attempts today to do that test where they blow air into your eye as I could not stop flinching.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=Mondays child;1677078]I have to take them off when I'm using my tablet etc and usually put them high up but occasionally forget and will take them off and just put them down.

Apart from the cost MC, I'd be more worried he will cut his tongue or swallow some glass if he breaks the lenses.
Then on top of new glasses, you would have vets fees too!

Best get in the habit of putting them out of harm's way a.s.a.p.

(Nice picture by the way).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 11:20 PM

Sounds awful I don't know how I would cope as I cannot stand anyone even looking closely into my eyes never mind touching them.
It took about five or six attempts today to do that test where they blow air into your eye as I could not stop flinching.
MC, You gear yourself up for it but it still makes you jump!

Naughty little scamp for chewing them up!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top