Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 11:55 AM

Re: Co codamol

Davey thanks for you're imput now BO back under the bridge please .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
What about the oxycodone I've been on for 6 months or so now. Is that adddictive? I know my weekly oxycodone liquid never lasts me a week so I suspect the answer is yes.
Flosse sorry your post came inbetween .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have been prescribed co codamol for pain relief .
It's an OTC medicine .
( I had never heard of it )
It has a huge list of side effects .
Two of which sickness and sleepiness have effected me almost immediately .
It's contains codeine which is a derivative of morphine .
It's says it's addictive ( I read the literature that comes in the packet)
I am surprised that such a potentially dangerous drug is OTC .
Is this due to NHS cutbacks ?
I know several drugs had been taken of the subscribed list .
Surely this is an easy option for drug addicts ?
The drug of choice by GP’s if you can’t get relief from paracetamol . Out of a dozen of your neighbours and acquaintances probably half of those have been prescribed it .
The elderly imo should never have access to it for the simple reason they use it because like one of my neighbours to ensure getting off to sleep . She probably doesn’t know she’s addicted .
NHS cutbacks have nothing to do with OTC withdrawal of this medication .
Widely available like anything else on the internet .
Don’t be worrying about drug addicts fhs ! They’ ll take whatever .
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:04 PM

Davey thanks for you're imput now BO back under the bridge please .
Sorry, you asked for an opinion and were given a professional opinion. Sorry if the contents of my post confused you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-03-2019, 12:07 PM

I hope you are not a medical professional !
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
What about the oxycodone I've been on for 6 months or so now. Is that adddictive? I know my weekly oxycodone liquid never lasts me a week so I suspect the answer is yes.
I usually reckon that generally painkillers should only be taken for as short a time as possible. Definitely as the recommended dosage too, especially in the case of paracetamol as there is no known antidote for any accidental overdose.

The link below gives a lot of information on all types including oxycodone, possibly well worth checking out as it is a recognised NHS website:

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...killer-to-use/
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:12 PM

Yes it did perhaps you could have read my posts more carefully then you would have got the dosage right .

I hope you are not a medical professional !
I have got the dosages right thank you. You take Dihydrocodeine tartrate in the form of Co-codomol 8mg/500mg available from any chemist.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-03-2019, 12:16 PM

Yes I see that which is why I edited my post .
Perhaps you would tell me why you were so discourteous about my post ?
It's wasn't rubbish and blathering on about the DM was nothing to do with anything .
Do you have a problem with people simply asking for informational or just civility generally?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-03-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I usually reckon that generally painkillers should only be taken for as short a time as possible. Definitely as the recommended dosage too, especially in the case of paracetamol as there is no known antidote for any accidental overdose.

The link below gives a lot of information on all types including oxycodone, possibly well worth checking out as it is a recognised NHS website:

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...killer-to-use/

Thanks Baz
I have no intention of taking them any longer than necessary .
DaveyJ
South Coast England

20-03-2019, 12:22 PM

Yes I see that which is why I edited my post .
Perhaps you would tell me why you were so discourteous about my post ?
It's wasn't rubbish and blathering on about the DM was nothing to do with anything .
Do have a problem with people simply asking for information?
Maximum daily dose of codeine should not exceed 240 mg for children over 7 years of age. That equals 30 of your pills a day. However, it also equals, using your pills ,15000mg of Paracetamol, which could kill a person. Just think it through in respect of your little dose of 8mg tablets.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top