Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 03:29 PM

Re: Cosmos from seed.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If mine get a bit "leggy" I plant them deeper in the pots when potting up. It works sometimes.

Yes, that works well with tomatoes Tess. You can bury them almost as deep as you want as more roots will form up the underground stem.

As you say, it doesn't work with everything though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Will do. I will be buy you an imaginary latte and one of their iced Danish pastries.

Well I sat there for an hour at that little table, waiting for me Latte!
I'm going home now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If mine get a bit "leggy" I plant them deeper in the pots when potting up. It works sometimes.
Oooh Ok. That might work. Thanks Tess.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 04:16 PM

Got all ready to go to the garden centre then it started to pour down so didn't go in the end. Tomorrow perhaps.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-04-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well I sat there for an hour at that little table, waiting for me Latte!
I'm going home now.
Sorry Mups, they had sold out of pastries. I will PM you a Nespresso.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-04-2019, 12:49 PM

I bought some Cosmos plug plants today (never noticed them before but they had hundreds of them) so now I have three chances, sown indoors, plugs and sown outdoors. Even I should be able to get one decent plant from that lot.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-04-2019, 02:05 PM

I bought some Cosmos plug plants today (never noticed them before but they had hundreds of them) so now I have three chances, sown indoors, plugs and sown outdoors. Even I should be able to get one decent plant from that lot.

You will be selling them at your front gate at this rate.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-04-2019, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You will be selling them at your front gate at this rate.
Ha! You may laugh at this Mups. Whenever I try something from seed I always imagine that I will end up with so many plants that I will be giving them away or selling them from a stall in the market. In reality, I'm lucky if I end up with one.

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 12:40 PM

Ha! You may laugh at this Mups. Whenever I try something from seed I always imagine that I will end up with so many plants that I will be giving them away or selling them from a stall in the market. In reality, I'm lucky if I end up with one.

Hi LD, been following your cosmos adventures with interest,
I cant help much myself, but my advice would be to stick
with Mupps, she seems very clued up on this subject,
speshli concerning uk conditions.
We had cosmos growing in SA, but all we had to do was
let the flowers go to seed and dry out, then break the flowers
open and spread the seed around the plant and rake lightly
then water, lo and behold in spring, more cosmos!

Good luck with the seeds. Donkeyman.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 02:02 PM

I've been in the greenhouse pricking mine out (that'll excite you no doubt).

I remember getting told off for picking cosmos in the veldt in SA! They grow wild over there, super! I really shouldn't have been out there anyway cos of snakes

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top