Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 07:34 AM

Email from the police!

Just had an email from the Police Information centre.

"North Yorkshire Police are holding a fraud prevention/advice event in association with staff from Barclays bank, Parliament Street in York on Monday 8th April 2019 between 12 and 2pm.
Advice will be available on fraud prevention, recognising fraud, staying safe online, protecting your personal and security information and what to do if you are a victim of fraud."
What a splendid idea - will definitely go.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 07:35 AM

Re: Email from the police!

Sounds interesting ST.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 09:27 AM

Yes ..it does sound interesting ST,but how did They know Your e mail address?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Yes ..it does sound interesting ST,but how did They know Your e mail address?
Nothing sinister, May, they have a 'community' email centre and keep us up to date with what is happening in our area. It is quite useful.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 09:31 AM

Just seen your above post. Sorry, I was concerned as May was.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Nothing sinister, May, they have a 'community' email centre and keep us up to date with what is happening in our area. It is quite useful.
Ok,good idea
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

They do the same down here Tabs.
I get news from Action Fraud, Neighbourhood Watch, and the local Cops, about the latest scams, burglaries, and local crime occurred..
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

03-04-2019, 10:09 AM

Just make sure You lock all doors & windows and no hiding keys under plantpots ...I hope none of the burglars in Your community received the same e mail..just kidding..I think
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Just make sure You lock all doors & windows and no hiding keys under plantpots ...I hope none of the burglars in Your community received the same e mail..just kidding..I think

Maybe they do, May.

I remember signing up to this ages ago, after I had a problem and the police had to get involved.

They only warn of scams, and crimes that have already been committed over the last few days.

At the moment there is a spate of shed break-ins going on, and also number plates and catalytic converters being nicked.
It just warns you to be vigilant and report stuff.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top