Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 07:02 AM

Re: High inflamatory markers.

Hi ST. My tummy doesn't feel so raw but I still don't feel well.

Every bone in my body aches - even my collar bones & my calf muscles feel like they're made of lead. I've been for even more blood tests 2 days ago & awaiting the results.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 07:13 AM

That sounds most uncomfortable, Carol. I hope they sort it for you soon.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 07:23 AM

Thanks ST. I do too.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 11:15 PM

Hi Carol

Painkillers will eventually make your stomach bleed if you take enough of them.

I know that Liquorice Root Capsules will help mend a stomach lining. Might be worth a go provided they don't contraindicate with any other meds you are on or conditions.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 11:34 PM

Carol, sorry to hear you are still not feeling so good. It seems to be a while now.

It's nothing to do with me I know, but please may I suggest you don't take things others recommend until you have a firm diagnosis and know for sure what the problem is first?

Realist's Liquorice Root for example, can have undesirable side effects for some people.
Don't take my word for it though - see for yourself:

Side Effects & Safety

Licorice is LIKELY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth in amounts found in foods.
Licorice is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth in larger amounts for medicinal purposes and when applied to the skin for a short amount of time. However, it is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth in large amounts for more than 4 weeks or in smaller amounts long-term.

Consuming licorice daily for several weeks or longer can cause severe side effects including high blood pressure, low potassium levels, weakness, paralysis, and occasionally brain damage in otherwise healthy people. In people who eat a lot of salt or have heart disease, kidney disease, or high blood pressure, as little as 5 grams per day can cause these problems.

Other side effects of licorice use include tiredness, absence of a menstrual period in women, headache, water and sodium retention, and decreased sexual interest and function in men.

I hope you get some more positive results from the Doc soon, and start feeling much better.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

17-04-2019, 11:44 PM

Thanks for your replies everybody.
For the time being I'm sticking to the bland diet and taking as few painkillers as possible.

I need a few painkillers to get me going with my bones aching so much so I take 2 paracetamol & 2 gabapentin followed 4 hrs later by 2 more paracetamol. This takes the edge off the pain & I'm able to cope. I also take a tablet called Lanzoprozole to protect my tummy from the effects.

I'm not going to take anything else until I see the doctor again.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Ok no problems.

When you see your doctor ask him/her about Liquorice DGL capsules.

They WILL help relieve your stomach problems. Do your research, read what they do. Liquorice has been used for 100s of years. Be sure to get the DGL type.

Just ensure that it doesn't contraindicate with any meds you are taking or any conditions you have.

Since you're an adult I know you are quite capable of your own checks. Big Pharma meds are not the way to go. Choose nature and your body will respond well.

Benefits:

"DGL is an all-natural and pleasant way to sooth digestive irritations by stimulating a protective coating on the mucosal lining of the esophagus, stomach & intestinal tract.

DGL stimulates the body to produce more mucous which could support the healing of duodenal and gastric ulcers. DGL may also maintain intestinal cell life and heal tissue damage. General stomach discomforts are also thought to be alleviated from DGL.

DGL sooths the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion by decreasing the occurrences of reflux. DGL provides a protective coating to the lower esophageal membranes reducing the effect of excess acid on these sensitive areas. "

You can get some chewable tablets at Holland & Barrett:

You'll notice the dosage is nowhere near Mups silly 5 grams a day !

I've used Liquorice Root Capsule myself plenty of times. They are also great for tooth problems.

ATB
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks for your replies everybody.
For the time being I'm sticking to the bland diet and taking as few painkillers as possible.

I need a few painkillers to get me going with my bones aching so much so I take 2 paracetamol & 2 gabapentin followed 4 hrs later by 2 more paracetamol. This takes the edge off the pain & I'm able to cope. I also take a tablet called Lanzoprozole to protect my tummy from the effects.

Take advice from your doctor Carole, he/she is the only one able to determine what your problem is.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 10:46 PM

I am sorry to hear you are not well Carole hope that you get better soon.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 10:49 PM

Hi Carol.
Let's hope the painkillers bring you some relief. Well well soon chuck

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top