Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 03:21 PM

Re: Allocated car space.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Not sure if this is the right section to post,but here goes.

Allocated car space,I know the space belongs to me,my land,
What I would like to know is,..how can I protect it,from others parking on it?..I know I can put a bollard up,..but can I put a gazebo up on the space?

A neighbour of mine has done this,put a gazebo up,only in another car park,..it is a private car park,owned by the residents,...do we have any solicitors here?..to give advice.

I think you would have to see what the deeds to the property say - assuming it is a privately owned property and the person who owns the property has put the gazebo on their allocated parking space. They may or may not be able to do it depending on what the deeds say (or lease if rented property). There could possibly be a covenant on the parking spaces stipulating that they can only be used for parking cars. I would not be surprised if there was some restriction of use because if there wasn't then I imagine some people would want to erect a garage on their car parking plot. If it was a wooden structure then it could be argued that any garage was a temporary structure and not subject to planning consents. The argument could also be made that the gazebo is only going to be a seasonal, temporary, thing and if there is nothing clearly written in the deeds to the property preventing the erection of a structure, then I suppose they can do it. It will all depend on what the deeds say IMO. However, if they take somebody else's parking spot to park in because they have used their own for a gazebo, then I would definitely be annoyed and look to do something legal about it. Good luck Pauline.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Is the space orientated in such a way that if someone parks there you can block them in?

Oh yes,and I will certainly be doing that in future,and they can wait until I am ready to move it,it's the only way sometimes fender,play them at their own game,

I have another neighbour Pesta,who usually parks way over the white line,she wasn't to bad with her parking yesterday,so I went into action,

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	9360  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 03:42 PM

I see you are talking about parking slots not a driveway. What about painting your house number on the ground in large letters.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 03:43 PM

Get one of these pesta

Zinc Plated Keylock Hinged Parking Post

Just google it if the link won’t show
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Oh yes,and I will certainly be doing that in future,and they can wait until I am ready to move it,it's the only way sometimes fender,play them at their own game,

I have another neighbour Pesta,who usually parks way over the white line,she wasn't to bad with her parking yesterday,so I went into action,
That's your problem right there, women can't reverse properly.

Seriously though, maybe you should put up a sign saying that unauthorised vehicles will be clamped and a release fee will be charged. Have your car's registration painted on to the tarmac in your allocated space to emphasise this.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 03:59 PM

Yes,Aeroler,I know all about the Conveyance the land coloured brown on the deeds,should not be parked on,as it is access land,there was a party wall here once,that was knocked down by the previous owner,not to use the property for the parking of any trade vehicles nor to permit any motor vehicles boats house on wheels,motorised caravans,the car parking space,should only be used for the parking of private motor vehicles,

Well it seems the Conveyance is a load of tripe,the estate is full of caravans,
Six foot high fences,etc,etc,..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-04-2019, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's your problem right there, women can't reverse properly.

Seriously though, maybe you should put up a sign saying that unauthorised vehicles will be clamped and a release fee will be charged. Have your car's registration painted on to the tarmac in your allocated space to emphasise this.

That's exactly what my son says,she can't reverse that car in a straight line for the life of her,..when her husband parks it's a straight line,she is the problem,IMO,passive aggressive,lmo,

I don't think I can paint about clamping judd,..all she has to do is park inside the White line,...if it continues,I am insured for her type of behaviour...I don't want to go down that road,so that's why I have put the concrete block there,..I will wait and see what she does next,..I have been polite about it,posted a letter through their door,but to no avail,..I won't confront her,because I think that is what she wants,I don't know that,but that's how I feel.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-04-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I see you are talking about parking slots not a driveway. What about painting your house number on the ground in large letters.
Yes,my son is ordering one a large number stencil.,that's the next step,thanks Realspeed.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 04:13 PM

I am confused Pauline. I thought you were talking about allocated parking places, no mention of blocking access road to the parking place. However, aside from that, if there is something written in the deeds then I think, if you want to, you will be able to do something to prevent structures being placed in the parking spot.

edited to add: I noticed your other post about a gazebo and the angry response you got when you mentioned it to your neighbour.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-04-2019, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Get one of these pesta

Zinc Plated Keylock Hinged Parking Post

Just google it if the link won’t show

I need two,one for the middle,and one for the side,where she can't reverse a car,in a straight line,..trouble is for the side one,it will have to be anti ram!..she would ram into an ordinary one and ruin it,..anti Rams are around seven hundred to a thousand pounds to supply and fit.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top