Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 11:10 AM

Re: Rules and regulations – too much?

We now live in a cotton wool society. Soon won't be able to even fart in case the smell causes someone to collapse
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 11:11 AM

It would be comical it it was'nt serious Ruthio!
Obviously a committee thought this up?

Regards Donkeyman!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 11:25 AM

http://www.foodallergens.info/Legal/...l/General.html

The EU General Food Law and food hygiene legislation

The Labelling Directive is the only piece of EU legislation that specifically refers to allergenic foods. However, the General Food Law (Regulation (EC) No 178/2002) imposes general obligations to provide safe food. And according to Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs, food businesses are required to implement procedures to prevent unsafe foods.
Under these laws food manufacturers, caterers and other businesses in the food chain are responsible for and obliged to:
•Provide safe foods
•Implement procedures to prevent unsafe foods
•Be able to trace their food one step back and one step forward
•Withdraw and recall unsafe foods
•Cooperate with competent authorities
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 11:36 AM

Another reason why we should get out of the EU as soon as possible, big brother dictating again.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
It would be comical it it was'nt serious Ruthio!
Obviously a committee thought this up?

Regards Donkeyman!
It's half NHS and half Charitable Trust.
No guesses which half are the killjoys!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
We now live in a cotton wool society. Soon won't be able to even fart in case the smell causes someone to collapse
RS, farting has always caused outrage!

If I do anymore, my OH is convinced society will collapse.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 11:52 AM

I used to be a health & safety rep, at the bank where I worked, & I was responsible for reporting possible dangerous situations in the workplace every 3 months. There were a few things, like boxes stacked, insecurely, on high shelves but the manager was always helpful and arranged for them to be secured.

When the H&S union rep called to assist me in one of these inspections, he pointed out that there were a few elastic bands on the strong room floor, so I told him that the worse they could do was cause somebody to trip & graze their knee on the stone floor, so we didn't consider that serious.

He said that a lady in heels could trip, bang her head and end up locked in the strong room overnight... unconscious!

This room was the size of a large lounge & all the safes & fixtures were fitted to the walls... so somebody on the floor would be obvious when we closed the door to lock up for the night.
I did suggest though, that perhaps the bank should check that we all had perfect eyesight, if the union felt that we would miss a body lying on the floor in such a small room!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 11:54 AM

Twink, That's Health and Safe-ty for you.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 12:33 PM

Our seaside town has had a carnival forever and a day , guess what its been axed because of health and safety . The trailers which used to be decorated and dressed with dancing happy people waving to the crowds, music blaring , and ,money raised for good causes all banned in case someone falls off .

I wonder once we are out of the EU if we can bring in our own rules
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Our seaside town has had a carnival forever and a day , guess what its been axed because of health and safety . The trailers which used to be decorated and dressed with dancing happy people waving to the crowds, music blaring , and ,money raised for good causes all banned in case someone falls off .

I wonder once we are out of the EU if we can bring in our own rules
I doubt it Susan! It is the USA that are causing the problems here, because their lawyers have worked out that they can get money for people who have had accidents & get paid well themselves!
What happens in the USA today will be happening in the UK tomorrow..... and probably Europe a few days later... whether we like it or not

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top