Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:20 AM

Re: Juicers.

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Annie darlin' - please - orange juice alone??? - it cries out for a tot of gin too
A buck's fizz might be nicer in the morning, but maybe not on a work day.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A buck's fizz might be nicer in the morning, but maybe not on a work day.

First thing this morning - (circa 06.30ish) large mug of black coffee, sweetened with a small tot of Brandy - sets me up for the day.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 12:38 PM

First thing this morning - (circa 06.30ish) large mug of black coffee, sweetened with a small tot of Brandy - sets me up for the day.
Very civilised start to the day!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 01:32 PM

Very civilised start to the day!

Of course Annie darlin' - I'm a very civilised person
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 01:34 PM

IMO fibre is overrated and just gets stuck in your teeth and passes out through your bowel. Vitamins and minerals are very important. Since I started drinking fresh squeezed juice of one orange every day my cholesterol has gone down and my health has improved.

Fresh spinach, kale etc are not as healthy as promoted. They are full of oxalic acid. Raw veg should not be overdosed on for that reason. Fatty fish are full of mercury. Forest fruits are full of sugar.

But it's processed carbs that are the real poison in our diets. It does not matter how much fibre you do or do not eat if you eat loads of carbs that's going to counter the good intentions.

I very much agree with you about the boiled broth Realist. The typical "chicken soup" is one of the most nutritious things on the planet. Easy to digest and very comforting.

NB I have no scientific evidence for these assertions. It's just my opinion!
ANNIE

The whole point of fibre is that it does pass through your gut!

Food needs to have bulk, or roughage, to use a slightly dated term.
Although it is inert and has no intrinsic food value, it helps the movement of food through your digestive system thus preventing constipation and associated straining
It also -
controls moisture levels within the gut, preventing hard, compacted faeces which are also associated with constipation
binds toxins and other harmful compounds, enabling them to be removed from the gut

However, you should drink sufficient water otherwise that can lead to constipation

So for those reasons you should not remove fibre from food unless you really have to

These are just a few points that come to mind; you would have to look at some proper references or articles to get a better explanation
Just Search Google and YouTube for 'dietary fibre'
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-05-2019, 03:02 PM

Sorry Zulu i know the science theory but it just bloats me and helps my digestion not a jot. Overdoing fibre just leads to flatulence.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-05-2019, 03:26 PM

Sorry Zulu i know the science theory but it just bloats me and helps my digestion not a jot. Overdoing fibre just leads to flatulence.

Annie darlin' a pleasant way to assist your digestive system is to buy and eat Nectarines or Plums - let them ripen a few days in the fruit bowl and they're delicious !!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-05-2019, 05:21 PM

Annie darlin' a pleasant way to assist your digestive system is to buy and eat Nectarines or Plums - let them ripen a few days in the fruit bowl and they're delicious !!!
Unless it's in a cake or flan I'm not a big fan of fruit apart from bananas and melon UJ. I have a sliced banana with nutribix cereal for breakfast on weekdays and that seems to help keep everything working as it should. When i was on omeprazole it was a different story. Nasty stuff that grinds everything to a halt. Totally over prescribed.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-05-2019, 05:47 PM

Unless it's in a cake or flan I'm not a big fan of fruit apart from bananas and melon UJ. I have a sliced banana with nutribix cereal for breakfast on weekdays and that seems to help keep everything working as it should. When i was on omeprazole it was a different story. Nasty stuff that grinds everything to a halt. Totally over prescribed.

I use plums and Nectarines because one of my medications contains Morphine which causes some discomfort to my digestive system.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top