Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 08:56 PM

Who Has Been The Love Of Your Life?

It may have been a person or an animal even?
It could have been a case of unrequited love? Or, someone you lost? Or, the person you are with now?

Please tell me, l would love to hear...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:01 PM

Re: Who Has Been The Love Of Your Life?

Tell us about yours first Art.

It's only fair.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:17 PM

without sounding mushy my husband has been and is the love of my life, he has never let me down, another love of my life is Freddie Mercury, my husband puts up with the 'other man' in my life. Oh and not forgetting my furbaby Kodi, see, I've three men in my life
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:28 PM

My wife. Simple as that
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Tell us about yours first Art.

It's only fair.
Ok, Carol, here goes....

It was a case of stubbornness really. We met when l was 19 and he was 20. He was so good looking, l was the envy of all the girls! He had a childhood sweetheart but they had an on/ off relationship.
They broke up and we went out with each other for about 18 months. He went to South Africa for a few years, as l kept saying, he should as he talked about it but never did it.
In the meantime, l met someone else and we’d got engaged. A few weeks before my wedding l saw the other man in a pub, he had returned from SA.
He begged me to call off my wedding but l wouldn’t, l was too far in and we’d bought a house.

I got married but l never stopped thinking of maybe l had made a mistake. I would see the other one at various functions but by now he had married his childhood sweetheart. She had brothers and if they saw us talking to each other, they would surround us and usher him away. It was just a friendly chat but his wife, despised me! It was only innocent chat and that was it.
Roll on 40 years. My marriage had broken up after thirty years and l had just parted from my then partner after 10 years.

I was at the local shops and l met the ‘love of my life’. His wife was an alcoholic drinking two or three bottles of wine from the time she got up and just watched daytime television all day.
He did everything, the cooking, the housework, her carer, everything.

He said, he passed my house each day and l said, if ever he wanted to pop in, he could. He did and we went for walks with my dogs and he took a friend’s dog, even his grandchildren. That was it, NOTHING more, he was my friend. Besides, it was just respite for him from the rotten life he was leading.

He told me, l had been the ‘the love of his life’ and l would say he was mine too. I see him quite often in Tescos, we chat and laugh about years gone by. After about an hour, we part and go on our way.

Our song was, ‘Young Girl’ by Union Gap.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:31 PM

It has to be Loves of my life .... my husband and children of course.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It has to be Loves of my life .... my husband and children of course.
Yes, I'll add my kids and grandkids of course. And if we are to talk about non-human things, I love music.

Work is last on the list, even below Cliff
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ok, Carol, here goes....

It was a case of stubbornness really. We met when l was 19 and he was 20. He was so good looking, l was the envy of all the girls! He had a childhood sweetheart but they had an on/ off relationship.
They broke up and we went out with each other for about 18 months. He went to South Africa for a few years, as l kept saying, he should as he talked about it but never did it.
In the meantime, l met someone else and we got engaged. A few weeks before my wedding l saw the other man in a pub, he had returned from SA.
He begged me to call off my wedding but l wouldn’t, l was too far in and we’d bought a house.

I got married but l never stopped thinking of maybe l had made a mistake. I would see the other one at various functions but by now he had married his childhood sweetheart. She had brothers and if they saw us talking to each other, they would surround us and usher him away. It was just a friendly chat but his wife, despised me! It was only innocent chat and that was it.
Roll on 40 years. My marriage had broken up after thirty years and l had just parted from my then partner after 10 years.

I was at the local shops and l met the ‘love of my life’. His wife was an alcoholic drinking two or three bottles of wine from the time she got up and just watched daytime television all day.
He did everything, the cooking, the housework, her carer, everything.

He said, he passed my house each day and l said, if ever he wanted to pop in, he could. He did and we went for walks with my dogs and he took a friend’s dog, even his grandchildren. That was it, NOTHING more, he was my friend. Besides, it was just respite for him from the rotten life he was leading.

He told me, l had been the ‘the love of his life’ and l would say he was mine too. I see him quite often in Tescos, we chat and laugh about years gone by. After about an hour, we part and go on our way.

Our song was, ‘Young Girl’ by Union Gap.
Oh Art what a poignant story .
What might have been .
The road you didn't travel .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-05-2019, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh Art what a poignant story .
What might have been .
The road you didn't travel .
Muddy, l have absolutely no regrets. I have five beautiful children which l wouldn’t have had with him!
My trouble was, l was young and didn’t know what l wanted in life.
Hindsight, is a wonderful thing!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
My wife. Simple as that
x 2. And still is.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top