Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 02:27 PM

Moving House

Isn't it a nightmare trying to move house in as much as waiting for the day when the phone rings and those magical words come out of your Solicitor's mouth "we've exchanged contracts" or "we will be exchanging contracts in a couple of days". Why does it have to take so long and why is it all so complicated!!!!

In our case there's only two in the chain, our buyer and us, the people we are buying off have already moved out as they are renting in another area so it's not as if there is a long chain! So far it has been two months and two weeks and we STILL haven't exchanged contracts!!!!! Obviously the hold up is caused by our buyer who is a first time buyer and is having help with the deposit through the government. "Ah" I hear you all say, "that's why there's a hold up". Were just waiting on two little words from the government regarding our buyers mortgage "yes" or "no" as she already has been approved one but has decided to go for a higher one. Why does it all have to take so bloomin' long!!!! It's enough to drive you to drink (except I don't drink ). Were getting really fed up with the wait, you feel like you're in limbo.

I think they should make house buying and selling alot quicker don't you? Have any of you had a quick sailing through house move?
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 02:28 PM

Re: Moving House

Its all ways of making it cost more, lot of nonsense!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Thankfully we have only moved once and things went quite smoothly for us.

I do hope you hear about your move very soon Alicat, it must feel like being left in limbo to you
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 03:23 PM

Such a stressy time
I wish we could get some sort of hybrid of the systems in England and Scotland, to allow for binding contracts at an early stage as in Scotland but avoiding their daft 'offers over' procedures.
Good luck - it'll all be a horrible memory sometime
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 03:41 PM

Hope it goes smoothly for you Alicat!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 04:48 PM

Your process seems very complicated. A lot simpler here in the States: make an offer and it's either accepted or not. I only moved once; the house I was living in was a rental so no problem there waiting for a buyer. Hope it gets sorted soon, Alicat.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2009, 02:52 PM

Thanks guys for all your good wishes, I guess it's just the matter of being very patient. Afterall it can either go one way or the other, good or bad, and all you can do is ride it out. I agree with what's been said, there could be an easier and quicker process, still, until there is, we'll just sit and wait!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2009, 04:01 PM

That's the right attitude, I think.
Kismet, and all that
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2009, 05:31 PM

That must be so frustrating. I think it would put me off the house! Hope you see some progress soon.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2009, 09:02 PM

Hope things start 'moving' for you soon Alicat

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top