Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:16 PM

Re: Leggings are in, but pork pies are out.

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Well I don't buy frozen potatoes but I do love my leggings.
Same with me
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Crikey, that took me back to the dark ages...black and white tv advert..robots giggling insanely about Smash
No it was the "peel them with their steely knives" they were laughing at!
Smash was the future
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Art...I don't know about Ugg Boots being "so last year" but Manitobah Mukluks are definitely still in... And, they're very ...
Expensive.

A quick Google later to see what they look like and I don't somehow think they'll catch on over here.

I could be wrong though, I don't have my finger on the pulse of the shoe buying public.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:21 PM

Tinned new potatoes are okay - if I buy fresh, they're usually sprouting by the time I decide to use them so the tinned variety work out a bit cheaper in the long-run. Nice sautéed too.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
No it was the "peel them with their steely knives" they were laughing at!
Smash was the future
I bow to your superior knowledge It was a really long time ago
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 12:47 AM

Oooh, I love the inflation baskets. In the US, there aren't particular items. Instead about 24K people are asked to keep purchase diaries and all of those items are included.

Now as for pork pies, I'm not sure one could find one in most states - restaurants, markets, or homemade in kitchens...but those leggings* are everywhere.

I wear technical leggings but only for running, going to the gym, and being at home. The ones, with a high lycra content, feel great.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 01:21 AM

I occasionally wear leggings for yoga, but otherwise I like to hang out in yoga pants. I love my australia Luxe (ugg type) boots. I don't care whether they are still trendy or not.

Spuds are the best. Mashed, baked or made into chips. What could be easier,cheaper and more comforting?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Latest trend seems to be patterned leggings - patterned with a series of holes down the outside of the thigh. Unfortunately, these do not suit larger ladies whose derriere rather resembles someone chewing a toffee when they walk.

We must thank the Lord that larger gentleman have yet to take up the trend!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
I don't buy frozen potatoes but have a packet of Smash just in case.
Smash !
Do they still make it ?
I can still remember those little aliens laughing at us humans for having long arms due to carrying bag loads of spuds !

Personally I would never dream of buying mashed potatoes .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

14-03-2018, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Yeah I stopped wearing leggings for that reason...my arse is too fat and I looked like max wall in them
Wear them with a tunic or long sweater .

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top