Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 01:31 AM

Re: Anyone Got Flu Like Symptoms?

Goodness Mups! What a horror story and so glad you recovered.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Goodness Mups! What a horror story and so glad you recovered.

Yes, it sure wasn't a nice experience, Annie.
I remember being very wary of lots of hot things after that, even silly things, like a hot iron!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Sorry You have the cold LQ which We all know there is no cure for
A bizarre statement TBH

If there were no cure we would all of us be long dead wouldn't we?

The human body is perfectly capable of curing the common cold and does so every day of every year for millions of people.

One need only give the body the correct fuel in order to ensure that its immune system and healing resources are in tip top shape and the body will do everything for us quite happily.

Taking pills and potions and lozenges, whilst helping sooth symptoms, serves only to prolong the suffering and to obstruct the healing process. Eating good healthy foods esp certain foods will boost the healing process significantly.

Life is not complicated unless we allow others to fool us into believing it is !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm terrified of doing that any more Queenie.
I had a terrible accident when I was 13. My own fault entirely, but easily done.

There I was, sniffing the steamy aroma - I think it was Friars Balsam - while Mum was getting our tea ready, when I decided I'd had enough. As I lifted the towel back from my head, little did I know that it was caught under the edge of the hot basin.
If I had lifted it from theback of my neck forwards, it wouldn't have happened, but I lifted it from my forehead - backwards.
The result was, I pulled the whole lot in my lap!

I remember screaming, and Mum rushing into the room, and lifting my school skirt to see what damage was done. I had those thick wooly winter stockings on, and as Mum peeled one off, to my horror, I saw my skin peeling off with it!
She phoned Dad to come home quick, and I was carted off to hospital, burnt from my knicker leg almost down to my knee on one leg. Fortunately (if you can call it that) it missed my 'privates', but my leg was badly burned.

The good news is, it healed beautifully.
I have only got one tiny faded scar barely an inch across now, the rest of my leg healed without trace eventually, but I will never inhale that stuff again.
We need photographic proof Mups.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 01:43 PM

Yes, I suppose it's that time again. The Flu season is here (almost). Time to get myself booked in for my annual jab I suppose. I don't enjoy the experience but I know it keeps the dreaded Flu away so it has to be done. I get it free too which is a bonus.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We need photographic proof Mups.

Hah! On yer bike, man.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-09-2019, 01:53 PM

Hah! On yer bike, man.
Even better Mups, I'll give it a clean first though.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, I suppose it's that time again. The Flu season is here (almost). Time to get myself booked in for my annual jab I suppose. I don't enjoy the experience but I know it keeps the dreaded Flu away so it has to be done. I get it free too which is a bonus.

Hi LD...I went to the surgery today for an ecg,blood test,...unexpectedly the nurse gave me my flu jab,so that was a bonus.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-09-2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi LD...I went to the surgery today for an ecg,blood test,...unexpectedly the nurse gave me my flu jab,so that was a bonus.
Well done!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 07:50 PM

I'm terrified of doing that any more Queenie.
I had a terrible accident when I was 13. My own fault entirely, but easily done.

There I was, sniffing the steamy aroma - I think it was Friars Balsam - while Mum was getting our tea ready, when I decided I'd had enough. As I lifted the towel back from my head, little did I know that it was caught under the edge of the hot basin.
If I had lifted it from theback of my neck forwards, it wouldn't have happened, but I lifted it from my forehead - backwards.
The result was, I pulled the whole lot in my lap!

I remember screaming, and Mum rushing into the room, and lifting my school skirt to see what damage was done. I had those thick wooly winter stockings on, and as Mum peeled one off, to my horror, I saw my skin peeling off with it!
She phoned Dad to come home quick, and I was carted off to hospital, burnt from my knicker leg almost down to my knee on one leg. Fortunately (if you can call it that) it missed my 'privates', but my leg was badly burned.

The good news is, it healed beautifully.
I have only got one tiny faded scar barely an inch across now, the rest of my leg healed without trace eventually, but I will never inhale that stuff again.
oh dear, this sounds horrendous. I'm glad to hear you recovered well from it although it has left a lasting scar on your mind. Ouch!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top