Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 08:29 PM

Re: David Cameron to be reported to United Nations

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
100s, if not 1000s, of disabled and unemployed are apparently committing suicide under the incredible assault on them by this despicable government.

did not see anything like that in your link, are you drunk again
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
did not see anything like that in your link, are you drunk again
I have been following the plight of many who are in no fit state to defend themselves, and yes many are topping themselves. When you see the way seriously ill people - terminally ill people sometimes- are being treated it is no wonder.

Please don't try and fob me off, or try to undermine me, by thinking, or stating, I have had a drink or 2 cos believe me I can be far worse when stone cold sober .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 09:12 PM

I have become aware of these types of stories owing to some disabled friends on Facebook. My Facebook page is being constantly updated with some frankly appalling links to articles. The type of stuff I'm reading just shouldn't be happening in this day and age. It is very scary reading to be honest with you and also very saddening to think we have to live like this, where everyone is out for themselves - or at least the uncaring government lackeys are.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 09:45 PM

I think this might prompt you to think differently about the apparent financial meltdown and [necessary] cuts

http://www.parasite-street.co.uk/

A counterbalance to Benefits Street.

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I think it's fair to say all countries are struggling with the financial meltdown and cuts have to be made everywhere, I don't think we're on our own in this.
The Labour Government that gave the Financial Industry free reign with it's 'light touch' has a lot to answer for......we are all reaping the rewards of that, too!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
The bedroom tax was an absolute disgrace - still cant believe it, like a bloomin dream !
Patsy, what did you find taxing in the bedroom.?.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 06:00 AM

I'm not against this country tightening it's belt if needs be. What gets my goat is that those at the top of the heap are still getting huge pay and perks increases.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 09:29 AM

The country wouldn't be so short of cash if it hadn't spent 20+ billion pounds in Afganistan .

Our leaders of every persuasion seem to be in Alice in Wonderland territory most of the time unable to see reality.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
The bedroom tax was an absolute disgrace - still cant believe it, like a bloomin dream !
That could have been a great policy if it had been thought through better, people should move into smaller properties if they can't afford a large one the problem was they forgot to build small ones - incompetence thinking really.

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I'm not against this country tightening it's belt if needs be. What gets my goat is that those at the top of the heap are still getting huge pay and perks increases.
Yes I agree we needed and still need a big change in the system if they did it properly with joined up thinking they could give disabled people more money not less.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The country wouldn't be so short of cash if it hadn't spent 20+ billion pounds in Afganistan .

Our leaders of every persuasion seem to be in Alice in Wonderland territory most of the time unable to see reality.
Yes and they are still spending on stuff like it's a January sale, they need to really look at what a small country like ours can actually afford.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 10:19 AM

100s, if not 1000s, of disabled and unemployed are apparently committing suicide under the incredible assault on them by this despicable government.

You should read all the comments as some are heartbreaking.

David Cameron to be reported to United Nations over bedroom tax and benefit cuts

Lets face it care for everyone is of great concern across the board with the NHS also in the firing line. Where is it going to stop? Some people are now accusing this government of disabled / unemployed cleansing as many decent families are being forced out on the street and having to more or less beg for food; loads are topping themselves instead as they can't take it anymore.

All this in 2014 - unbelievable.

Mark matey, - he's a Tory (phth, phth, phth) - since when have the Tories (phth, phth, phth) ever cared for the sick, disabled and unemployed??? - 'nuff said???

I have a book entitled "To Build Jerusalem" - see if you can get hold of a copy from your local library - that should make you even angrier at what took place.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 10:25 AM

I have become aware of these types of stories owing to some disabled friends on Facebook. My Facebook page is being constantly updated with some frankly appalling links to articles. The type of stuff I'm reading just shouldn't be happening in this day and age. It is very scary reading to be honest with you and also very saddening to think we have to live like this, where everyone is out for themselves - or at least the uncaring government lackeys are.
This is surely a joke, I've never read such bilge. Do you believe everything that you read on the internet? Such a huge story hasn't made it into my paper yet or onto the BBC News, I wonder why not....

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top