Join for free
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:43 AM

Oh How Lucky

If you can open this video it shows just how lucky this child was, and the need for it to be emphasised that they wait until the school bus has gone before crossing the road, Also how vital it is that vehicles keep their distance , notice the car behind the lorry was able to stop quite easily. The vieo may take a few seconds to load Dont worry about the text , its a google translation

https://www.nrk.no/sognogfjordane/sj...rda-1.13776949

It has been suggested throughout the world that the driver should have a medal
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:49 AM

Re: Oh How Lucky

Gosh that is one lucky, lucky child .... I hope he learnt a lesson from that.

Full marks to the lorry driver for his quick action..
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:58 AM

I'm amazed at the drivers lightning response and the stopping distance of such a heavy vehicle ......

If not a medal, some sort of official recognition would seem more than appropriate .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:02 PM

Amazing reaction of the driver, very lucky child. I wonder how his parents reacted when they saw the film ! I think I'd never let him out of my sight again !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:33 PM

Buses carrying school children in NSW have a 40 sign and flashing lights so that when they are stationary and the lights are flashing (including headlights) any vehicle passing must slow to 40kph - it is enforced. (about 25mph for those still living in the stone age)

The truck driver would have been fined for speeding here (I am not saying that he was in the wrong where ever he was).

shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:39 PM

That lorry driver must have nerves of steel, to stop that quickly.

What do they tell kids do not cross the road behind a bus and if they don't say it any longer they should.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Buses carrying school children in NSW have a 40 sign and flashing lights so that when they are stationary and the lights are flashing (including headlights) any vehicle passing must slow to 40kph - it is enforced. (about 25mph for those still living in the stone age)

The truck driver would have been fined for speeding here (I am not saying that he was in the wrong where ever he was).

he would not have been speeding as the limit there was 40kph
Norway
i

14-11-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
That lorry driver must have nerves of steel, to stop that quickly.

What do they tell kids do not cross the road behind a bus and if they don't say it any longer they should.
They are told time and again not to cross until the bus has gone or to cross in front of the bus, but they never learn
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 01:17 PM

Over here the school buses flash yellow warning lights and if you even attempt to pass whilst the bus is unloading, it will pull out to block you ( yes there are idiots who think it’s ok to pass a school bus on narrow country lanes . )
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
he would not have been speeding as the limit there was 40kph
Just goes to show how effective the 40kph limit when passing a school bus is and why they have it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top