Join for free
Page 53 of 55 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 >
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 01:29 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Wales (part 5)

Rain and cold today so just did my housework duty and fire is on full blast .
I worked in an HDU unit in the 70's Celyn and it was always quite a senior doctor that would do the trache changes so not much changed by the look of it
It is a shame about Port Talbot , not much hope for re-employment in the area. It will affect all the area
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 01:42 PM

Raining here today and cold been out to the shops well wrapped up. Celyn that's shocking that you had to perform a trache in hospital its a good job you knew what to do. Sorry to hear that the steel works are closing ours are currently under threat unless some one buys them.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 09:45 AM

Yes Celyn, cheque for the Air Ambulance, wasn't that great? The pub is on the side of the A470 and apparently lots of folk pop in and ask to use the loo, so the landlady corners them and asks for a donation! Brilliant!!

Can't believe that no-one in HDU is capable of doing a trache change - and anyway, why couldn't the anaesthetist do it?

Cold and frosty here this morning. Quiet day today, until some of the family come for tea. Poor Jamie is missing out though, I have to deliver him to his Mum in Hay so that they can get to rugby practise for 5 pm in Brecon.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 10:29 AM

Brilliant idea. £1000 of using the loo

It's quite frightening that Michael should be in a safe place. The nurses were very nonchalant when I said he needed the trache changed. They did nothing about it. I said I could take it in and out on my own, I had never done both procedures but would not do it without medical support. A consultant was called and he then got an anaethetist. I asked the anaethetist to remove the old one and I would insert the new one. Remember Michael cannot breath in this process. His stoma is very tight. The anaethetist couldn't get it out so I had to take over and do the whole thing. At least he praised me and said I was so slick and got it down to a fine art. He was a little pale around the gills!! I have a catheter change today, otherwise tehy have to call in (eventually) some medical team. At least me doing it he doesn't get infections I'm thinking of sending the NHS my bill. I think £150 an hour should cover it, as I do his pressure ulcer dressings every day too.

By the way the internals of the trache were damaged, so absolutely necessary.

I have a long list of must get done today, to work through. -3C and my gardner is starting back to work today !!!

Hope my vehicle comes back today. The Warantee people were playing up yesterday.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 12:50 PM

Well done Celyn xxxx
Nice bright day so I'm going to pick up some friends for a pub lunch so see you later
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 02:33 PM

Nice bright day.Went to put washing on the line earlier and the line broke but it the grand scheme of things that nothing.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 08:49 PM

Good evening everybody nice dry day here today and I went into town and got myself a coat in the sales.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2016, 11:01 PM

Car back and purring like a kitten. So happy. It's dark so can't see what gardener has done. I left him hacking stuff down so I hope no nasty shocks in the morning

2C when I left Southampton and by the time I got home it was -3C. It's been a nice sunny day though.
Nimby
Cardiff UK
Nimby is female  Nimby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 12:06 PM

Not a good start to the day here despite the glorious weather......due to go to the foot clinic at 10am ...so ...alarm on...just in case.....arrive on platform for train to find it cancelled.....no explanation! Made another app for next week.....moan over !!!
Jac
Wales UK

20-01-2016, 01:23 PM

That's a nuisance Nimby xx
Lovely warm sunshine here but no plans so will just enjoy reading in the sunshine
Glad car is sorted Celyn , one less problem

Page 53 of 55 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top