Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 05:25 PM

Re: Air fresheners

Not keen on sprays, give me a head ache as do the plug ins, I do like smelly candles don't light them just have them lurking for the odd wafting whiff!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 05:51 PM

I used to love candles before MILs house burned to the ground. Sort of put me off them after that.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 07:03 PM

There was a time when any air freshener or women's strong perfumes would close my lungs down and I would be in deep trouble.One of the main reasons I stopped using public transport.
Visiting family and friends homes they would always have areas in their homes that I could not sit in. That's why I suppose a lot of my visits are done in the summer time and when the winter arrives I tend to ground myself more. Having lungs riddled with Emphysema does that to you.
I also have a dog and yes she does have her days when she smells more that most but I couldn't live without her so I have to make do on those occasions.
I am finding that has Meg says Lavender is quite a good scent to have around the house and also the wife's maiden name was Lavender as well.
Its in the front and back gardens so I always have that scent floating about in the summertime perhaps I should dry some out and make small bags up and leave them about the house in the winter time.
I remember my granny always used to have them in her draws,(clothes draws that is).
It would certainly come in handy around Bonnies bed when she gets wet on our walks.
shazy
lancashire
shazy is female  shazy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 12:57 AM

I do like the plug in ones, but dil had the spray one in her lounge
and both her and my son had side effects, she had bad chest, and he had sore eyes..
they did have it on for months tho..
So they are a no no...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 11:04 AM

Not keen on air fresheners, seems to me Zoflora would work just as well .....
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 11:17 AM

Having 3 large dogs, we pulled up our carpeting a long time ago!
We usually have a window or two open all winter long (the wood-stove is going all the time), and I often boil citrus fruits and/or spices.
My favourite is oranges, cinnamon, and cloves.
Lemon and rosemary's pretty nice too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sorry folks I don't like air fresheners. Some work by using a nerve agent to disable your ability to smell and some contain toxic chemicals which have been likened to the smoke from cigarettes .

The only ones I would use are fresh lavender or potpourri .

I don't use them for the same reason Meg, and they don't smell like fresh air anyway, its only another smell to mask the original one.
Sometimes I put water in my candle burner then add a few drops of whatever essential oil I feel like using at the time, I've got some really nice ones.
I find some of the man made smellies a bit sweet and sickly, or too overpowering.
I also wouldn't use plug-ins because they smell continuously and my dogs live here too! I have wondered what it must be like for their extremely sensitive noses.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 01:44 PM

So agree with that Mups & Meg ....
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

08-11-2014, 06:54 PM

I open the windows and doors, my husband would object if I sprayed air fresher around the place.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 07:02 PM

I open windows too when it isn't too cold or raining, doors would be more problematic as dogs would be out in communal areas and the neighbours might not be so keen

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top