Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 07:48 PM

Re: Stunned

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Glad to hear your luck's impriving Steve, you've had a voiple of bad years so it's about time. Good luck with it all
plantman, that's the nicest thing you have ever come out with to me and I am absolutely overwhelmed now.

I now sincerely regret any rash statements I made in the past and I would like to be able to refer to you as a friend if that's OK with you? stevmk2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 10:17 AM

I am really pleased for you Steve and good luck with finding a new house, take your time and I´m sure you will find just what you want. I too think it would be dreadful to agree to sell to someone and then take your property off the market, that really is not a very nice thing to do. I realise of course that some people don´t care what trouble and misery they bring as long as they can (or think they can) get more money. If you were happy with the agreed price then that should be enough, to go back on your word is very dishonourable. An exciting time for you Steve, a holiday and a house move, enjoy.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 11:37 AM

this is and should not be about emotions - anyone buying or selling in the current property market should know ALL the rules. Offers and bids can be withdrawn at anytime. If it is advantageous for you to withdraw your offer then do so and look for something better.

However if you wish to be honorable and lose money then by all means do so too!

this is the world of hard knocks - the house market place is NOT a charity farm!

chose carefully steve this is your future we are discussing NOT someone we don't even know
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 12:22 PM

Yes Steve, and make sure you pay for a full structural survey done before you buy as well.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 01:13 PM

If I sold a property that quickly, I reckon I'd be fairly sure I had under-priced it.

Still, water under bridge now ....
and there is always the remote possibility that I could be w...., wr..., wro..
- nah, can't get that word out.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
If I sold a property that quickly, I reckon I'd be fairly sure I had under-priced it.
Still, water under bridge now ....
and there is always the remote possibility that I could be w...., wr..., wro..
- nah, can't get that word out.
I know you quite well now mate. No wobbly - no worries!! stevmk2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
plantman, that's the nicest thing you have ever come out with to me and I am absolutely overwhelmed now.

I now sincerely regret any rash statements I made in the past and I would like to be able to refer to you as a friend if that's OK with you? stevmk2
It's true we've had our differences of opinion Steve, but to me that's all they were and I have never either meant or taken personal offence. Just try to keep in mind that a true friend doesn't always tell you what you want to hear.....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

06-08-2015, 08:39 PM

Well it's been a while since our buyers made an offer that we accepted but we have have sod-all to look at so far.

We had viewing today - smell of damp on entry, strange under-paintwork marks on walls showing through everywhere - looks like damp problem to me, roof iffy, great big F-off conifer in garden - naaah mate - too much on the negative and bugger-all positive!

On-budget as they say but no way Pedro!

Oh well - hopefully something will come up.

We keep seeing perfect houses for us but all in the wrong places - wrong for us that is.

I s'pose that's normal but it is hard trying to stay upbeat when our buyers are just 120 metres down the road renting and getting a bit anxious.

Our agent said he had an unsolicited, late offer of bang-on the asking price last week, no qualms, no worries.

London people looking for investment it seems.

Dunno about anyone else here but £5000 under our listed price as an offer was good enough for us to say "fair enough".

It's nearly 5 times what we paid for it so we still are , as I said in the first post - Stunned. stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

10-08-2015, 06:14 PM

Another viewing today - aaaaagh!!!

I'm not boasting but so far we have yet to see anywhere that is up to the standard of our present home and we pick holes in everything!

It's 89 years old but it's better presented than the dire hovels we have seen so far.

This evening it was a 2-bed property that they'd used paint on in layers to cover up but it had an odd, damp smell - again.

Things went wrong from the lounge onwards and by the time we got to the 2nd bedroom we wanted to leave ASAP!

But one tiny ray of sunshine today - there's a bungalow about to come up and we may just be able to manage to put an offer in although it'll take everything we have.

We know where it is and we have been passed it umpteen times and can't believe we just might possibly be able to buy it.
Trying VERY hard not to get our hopes up here.......stevmk2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 06:34 PM

Until you start looking it's hard to imagine how difficult it is to find a property to match your desired critetia, the right type of property, in the right condition, in the right place and for the right money is almost impossible. There will invariably be compromises to make and I can't tell you how many times we said sod it, we'll stay where we are and how quickly excitement turned to despair but remember there is one out there for you, it's only a matter of finding it.

So best of luck with the bungalow...

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top