Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 01:26 PM

Re: Opening a new bank account

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Funny how when they took the money from us to buy this portion of the property all I had to prove was how much I earned.

Really we are being punished because others are criminals

That's about the size of it, so many things that we have to take the consequences of - bloomin annoying
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes have a passport and you can pretty much open any account you wish but I can't be only one never needed one.

You're not. I haven't got a passport either Julie. Why would we need one if we don't travel abroad, yet they always ask for one as ID don't they.
Perhaps we should have one purely for ID !!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 02:02 PM

All i can say it's since all this immigration started coming in, everythings changed, you have to prove yourself with everything nowadays.. What a mess!! Over the years all important documents have had to be changed to suit them... It's as if were on a wanted list when we go to the bank, the council offices, hospitals there's more questions to be asked it's like interrogation of what would have been our rights?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Well I can remember back in the late 1980s having difficulty opening a second bank account so it's not just recently. It seems it is no problem to transfer bank accounts from one bank to another but having an additional bank account seems to raise all sorts of suspicion.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 02:49 PM

Try getting post redirected by the Post Office or getting the bank to send private mail to a new address. Impossible, tried it for the Mother-in-Law, Bank would only send cheque book to her old empty Council House for security reasons as she could not produce a driving licence or passport at 93 years of age.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Try getting post redirected by the Post Office or getting the bank to send private mail to a new address. Impossible, tried it for the Mother-in-Law, Bank would only send cheque book to her old empty Council House for security reasons as she could not produce a driving licence or passport at 93 years of age.
That is just ridiculous - how on earth did you get round it ?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 06:34 PM

it is really hard these days open a bank account, guess it is to do with money laundering. I have an account with a miniscule amount in so that if I wouls ever want to re-activate it I could.
Artois52
New Member!
United Kingdom
Artois52 is male 

22-08-2015, 03:38 PM

It’s all about having photo ID these days. Did you know if you stay at a Premier Inn hotel and you want to pay by cash you have to have photo ID with you? How bizarre is that?
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 03:49 PM

Recently, I went into our local Post Office where they know me well. I wanted to buy £2,000 worth of Euros, and they said they needed my passport - their rules to avoid money laundering...

I went into our bank just up the road, withdrew £2,000, and returned to the Post Office. No problem. They gave me my Euros... No proof of ID was asked for, no questions.

The world is going crackers..!!!
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 12:12 PM

The buffoons who instigated these ill thought out money laundering laws are to blame
No doubt the money launderers are still going about their business.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top