Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 04:18 PM

Re: House Sale & Move, 2nd attempt!

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Surprised your house is 89 years old Steve, I thought MK was a 'new' town ?
We live in one of the original towns swallowed up by Milton Keynes Development Corporation, long before Milton Keynes became a "city" and now a Unitary Council Malcolm.

We have houses around here that are far older than ours too.

Lots of misconceptions abound about Milton Keynes but we've lived here since the early 70s and I lived in Stevenage a short while before that.

More developments today; the first potential buyer some how found out we had more viewings today and upped her offer.

We feel a bit guilty now 'cos we had decided that she was the best for our house - yes, daft I know but we felt she belonged here and this is her second attempt as she missed out before by ten minutes on an offer as the first buyers had snapped our house up.

There are one or two things we were going to leave but now, as I have the materials I'm going to do those jobs as soon as I can for her - only fair in my mind. stevmk2
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 04:24 PM

That's excellent Steve, now crack on and find the place of your dreams....good luck mate !
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 04:27 PM

Took us 6 years to sell our kennels and bungalow so well done Steve if you managed to sell quicker
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->

Just got to find a house for us now!
Well done Steve that's the worst part coordinating the two things..
Good luck with that
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 05:42 PM

Where we are now is our 5th move and don't intend to do it again. it is a load of hassle to be sure. What with purchasers -removers-solicitors- estate agents it makes one wonder if the effort is worth it. Only good thing about all of this is with each move we have made money on them.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 06:34 PM

It's such a stressful time - I hope all goes well this time, stevmk2, good luck with finding your new home..
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
The very best of luck to you Steve, but it's a long rocky road this house selling business, we've been trying to sell a very nice four bedroomed semi since February. We are now on our third buyers for one reason or another and are once again due to exchange contracts this coming week, which is usually the time when the buyers to decide to divorce instead...

There really should be a better way.....
Nightmare, eh? We had this scenario 8 years ago, still remember every stomach churning moment - awful

Good luck with the exchange of contracts, hope it all goes smoothly.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 08:39 PM

Good luck Steve you have my best wishes on finding your new house and that everything runs smoothly in your sale I have had my 3 bed semi up for sale since the 14th July. Tomorrow we have our 4th and 5th viewers calling at 6pm and 6.30pm we haven't had any offers as yet, as the market up north seems to be very slow at the moment. I wish some southerners would come up here and buy our houses as they sell very cheap compared to yours..
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Good luck Steve you have my best wishes on finding your new house and that everything runs smoothly in your sale I have had my 3 bed semi up for sale since the 14th July. Tomorrow we have our 4th and 5th viewers calling at 6pm and 6.30pm we haven't had any offers as yet, as the market up north seems to be very slow at the moment. I wish some southerners would come up here and buy our houses as they sell very cheap compared to yours..
Sorry to read of your plight Sue.

I'd move North but all our family and friends are spread out from Greater London, Milton Keynes or Devon - all just a bit too far for my wife.

I did suggest it a few times but now, she's Middlesex-born! stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

27-09-2015, 03:43 PM

People will think we are mad but today we've spent much of the morning doing a bit of decorating in this house, despite the fact it is actually sold.

The reason is that the lady that's buying our house seems really nice and there were a few things that we were going to do before we ever put the house on the market so, as we had the paint and the time, why not?!

It only took us a few hours and hasn't cost us anything but the results are quite pleasing.

Quite surprised that the newly-painted parts in the hallway where the plaster "skim" had hairline cracks are very difficult to spot 5 hours after we did them and the badly stained wall behind the cooker is gone now too!

Our neighbours think it's nice of us but it hasn't cost us anymore and we are still living in the house!

No potential new homes out there though - well, not at what we can afford.
Never mind - we are still hopeful. stevmk2

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top