Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2010, 09:21 AM

Re: Are they mad? Brand new homes in Ireland to be knocked down!

A criminal waste of materials and labour. I am sure they could rent them out or do part ownerships to help people get onto the housing ladder.

What is to be gained by flattening them.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 06:15 PM

The problem is that there was a vast amount of speculative building during the boom, and much of this took place in areas far from employment. It was driven by greed, rather than practical considerations.
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 05:53 PM

The other reason for levelling them is to create a shortage so the prices go up. Unemployment here is horrendous though, I have been out of work for THREE YEARS despite being a qualified accountant with a Masters degree. I am struggling to keep my house and may well lose it, along with every penny of my life savings.
I wish some of you "over there" would not make ignorant remarks about the situation "over here". A lot of Brits are in Ireland, as most find it a much better place than the UK. I'm certainly never going back to the UK!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dalmagirl ->
A lot of Brits are in Ireland, as most find it a much better place than the UK. I'm certainly never going back to the UK!
How true. Can't see me ever going back either.
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2010, 08:12 PM

My hubby moved over here from Cork City in 1949. We are going 'home' soon for a couple weeks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top