Join for free
Page 345 of 1676 « First < 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 445 845 1345 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 03:35 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

You know what they say RJ, it takes desperation to create desperate men who then go on to do desperate things, or so a young College man was telling me in the pub the other day.
I prefer what Lonnie Donegan says “It takes a worried man to sing a worried song” only a few words but it says a lot, and you can dance to it too if you like.
Quite a few pub philosophers in my local these days, they’re crawling out of the woodwork, philosophers of every colour and creed now with Dublin gone all multi cultured, very hard to find a genuine Dublin old lad now.
But it’s all good for the old country, the young lads are all highly educated now and coming out of College with all the edges, ready to take their place in the world, the best of luck to them I say.
Me eldest grandson is at Trinity College, I’m not sure what he’s reading, but the Beano,was always his favourite comic.
I very seldom praise the government, but I’ll give them full marks on their education policies.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 07:31 PM

well there it goes - who was it that sang take these chains from my heart so I can see - certainly wasn't a medical man - wot - getting his heart mixed up with his eyes - I still prefer the original Hank Williams version you could hear the chains clinking on that one!

Music is the opium of the masses which has of course now replaced religion just in case ya think i'm rambling - so music could bring down the next govt perhaps?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 08:20 PM

Ah the confining sound of chains. Here goes.
In the old wild west there were many gangs, the James gang was probably the best known, but did you know Calamity Jane had her own gang of bank and train robbers? all of them female too. I saw a film about it a while ago, can’t remember the name, anyway there were some well know stars in it including Sam Cooke, rest his soul.
Jane and her mates had successfully robbed the Deadwood bank of half a million dollars in gold and taken it to her hideout somewhere in the black hills of Dakota.
Sheriff Pat Garret rounded up Calamity and the other girls and took them to prison for interrogation. Then he sent in three Texas Rangers to get the information about the golds whereabouts.
Sam Cook was outside sitting in a rocking chair on the porch of the jail. Funny noises were coming out from the cell windows, ugh! agh! ugh! agh!. He turned to Garret and asked him what the noises were.
"Not to worry Sam, that’s the sound of the men working on the Jane gang”

Crap but original.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 08:42 PM

This thread takes some reading I must say.
I am disappointed about my milkshake, but in truth prefer German white wine, yes I know they bombed our chip shops, but they make jolly nice wine.

I was wondering today why the Irish say Top of the Morning, but never Bottom of the Evening.

I then thought about tunnelling down and sitting under the gumbud tree, to see what fruitful insight I might achieve.

Now Spitty I believe is quite politically empowering, so I must be mindful of this.

Then there is Robert, I have not quite sussed him yet.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well there it goes - who was it that sang take these chains from my heart so I can see - certainly wasn't a medical man - wot - getting his heart mixed up with his eyes - I still prefer the original Hank Williams version you could hear the chains clinking on that one!

Music is the opium of the masses which has of course now replaced religion just in case ya think i'm rambling - so music could bring down the next govt perhaps?
I enjoy your rambles GUMMY.

NB RELIGION is the opiate for the masses.
Karl Marx
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
This thread takes some reading I must say.
I am disappointed about my milkshake, but in truth prefer German white wine, yes I know they bombed our chip shops, but they make jolly nice wine.

I was wondering today why the Irish say Top of the Morning, but never Bottom of the Evening.

I then thought about tunnelling down and sitting under the gumbud tree, to see what fruitful insight I might achieve.

Now Spitty I believe is quite politically empowering, so I must be mindful of this.

Then there is Robert, I have not quite sussed him yet.

Thats cos I am undecided too.
I once went to a hypnotist, a true story this,in an attempt to find a way to lose weight.
Under her influence no less than 3 Roberts responded with diFferent views.
I have wondered often since did the right Robert emerge or am I someone who wouldnt normally exist.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:09 PM

Did the Hypnotist have a USP?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 11:09 PM

Not a USB.
Robert Jnr.
UK

13-11-2017, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not a USB.
I have not a clue as to your meaning Spitty. please rephrase.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

13-11-2017, 11:17 PM

How did you choose a Hypnotist?

Page 345 of 1676 « First < 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 395 445 845 1345 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top