Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 09:45 AM

An apology

To the kitchen fitter. It`s not you it`s the bloke in charge. Yesterday,after waiting three weeks,the fitter turns up to replace a unit door that was damaged and to duct my extractor. Job finished and he says `this extractor is not wired in` `I know,nor do the lights work` . He had been given to understand that all the electrics were done and that I could get by with just a re-cycle extractor for a short while. Then he notices a light switch hanging by it`s wires-`that`s meant to have been re-fitted` I smile and say `now you can understand why I am pissed off` The moral? Projects need to be managed,there is a logical sequence to events-what use is the tiler coming next week if the new wiring is not done?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 10:07 AM

Re: An apology

Stephan I feel your pain

I can't begin to tell you the comedy of errors that took place when Magnet and Southern fitted my new kitchen about 15 years ago here are a few..
..setting fire to the kitchen wall with a blow torch
..huge holes gouged out to put in wiring and not plastered over (because they would be hidden by cupboards and tiles apparently)
..electrical plugs put on the wrong way around, some didn't work and one was situated directly underneath the loose fitting washing machine waste water pipe,
..gaps left between cupboards,
..no seal around the sink in the sink unit so it leaked.
.. filthy habits like throwing cigarette ends everywhere and covering my loo in diarrhea ...

In the end I ordered the fitters to get out of my house and summoned the manager . The cheeky devils came back to get their tools without telling me and just walked into my house through the back door .
Someone was sent to finish the main jobs and I got a small refund but many of the errors were never put right. The fitters had been extremely rude and uncooperative (a father and son one of whom spoke only in grunts) and I couldn't face any more workmen in my house.

Some time after the installation I tracked down a strange smell to the waste pipe in the kitchen sink .The vertical waste pipe was 2 inches too short and so there was a gap of 2 inches between it and the junction with the horizontal waste pipe so some of the water went on the floor under the sink unit .

I hope you get any problems sorted quickly and to your satisfaction
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 10:25 AM

lol-filthy habits?-to be fair to the fitter he asks if he can use the toilet and not only puts the seat down but also the lid.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
lol-filthy habits?-to be fair to the fitter he asks if he can use the toilet and not only puts the seat down but also the lid.
Stephan the fitters were free to use my loo and I didn't mind if the seat was up or down just that it was kept clean.
I also provided them with a tray in the garage containing a kettle and everything necessary to make tea and coffee and an ash tray which wasn't used. They preferred to use the kitchen and garage floor.
Apparently they were not the usual fitters but some who had been brought in 'because the company was busy' .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 12:16 PM

To the kitchen fitter. It`s not you it`s the bloke in charge. Yesterday,after waiting three weeks,the fitter turns up to replace a unit door that was damaged and to duct my extractor. Job finished and he says `this extractor is not wired in` `I know,nor do the lights work` . He had been given to understand that all the electrics were done and that I could get by with just a re-cycle extractor for a short while. Then he notices a light switch hanging by it`s wires-`that`s meant to have been re-fitted` I smile and say `now you can understand why I am pissed off` The moral? Projects need to be managed,there is a logical sequence to events-what use is the tiler coming next week if the new wiring is not done?
If the feed for the sockets are in and the back box fitted then it's a perfect time for the tiler.
If this isn't the case please ignore the above.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

14-10-2016, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
If the feed for the sockets are in and the back box fitted then it's a perfect time for the tiler.
If this isn't the case please ignore the above.
lol-duly ignored.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 12:27 PM

lol-duly ignored.
That answered that one

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top