Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 09:29 PM

Re: Probate

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Sorry to hear that Floydy.....best wishes mate.
Thanks bud
Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Sorry for your Loss Floyd

We left it to our solicitor to do Probate , i think it took something like 4 weeks , I dont think the tax man will take anything , you are allowed so much inheritence , ours was a property to the value of £130K we had nothing to pay on that .
Very true, Eliza, and thanks. I'm coming to think that as long as there is a death certificate, the bank shouldn't even be involved. It should be sorted by the Court of protection.
Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Sorry to hear about you dear Mother, Floydy.
x
Thank you, Apricot
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 10:30 PM

Sorry for your loss, Floydy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 10:50 PM

Sorry to here about your Mum Floydy .
Accounts are always frozen until probate is passed .
It's no big deal you just have to take the will and swear it's true and pay £215 for them to put the official approval on it.
Then they send you the certificate of probate -best to get several copies .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2017, 10:53 PM

Warning !!
Horrible increases to probate to come in May

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tax/inher...ill-apply-may/

Disgraceful!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sorry to here about your Mum Floydy .
Accounts are always frozen until probate is passed .
It's no big deal you just have to take the will and swear it's true and pay £215 for them to put the official approval on it.
Then they send you the certificate of probate -best to get several copies .
Thanks Muddy, appreciated
Then when I get the certificate of probate...what happens next?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-03-2017, 12:02 PM

You take the certificate of probate to the bank or BS and show them it and they will take a photocopy ( but best to get several copies anyway in case they want to keep them) after that they will release the fund to you.
When someone's dies all this information is given to you when you register the death.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 02:13 PM

Sorry to hear about mum Floydy .

Can I ask another question please , we have some experienced folk here .

Do you think it's worth adding my daughter and or son as a signature on my bank account while I'm still alive n kicking . I'd trust both implicitly , it's just that when I leave the planet it may help them to be able to get some money to oversee any expenses incurred . ?

Your thoughts please
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 08:56 PM

Mum did that with me, Susan. So when she died, as I was a joint account holder (and I was Executor) I behaved as if it was my money!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 09:29 AM

Thanks Jazzi , I think I'll do this . I've spoken to my two and told them my will will go to probate and they will have to pay for other expenses . I just want to make it easy for them
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-03-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You take the certificate of probate to the bank or BS and show them it and they will take a photocopy ( but best to get several copies anyway in case they want to keep them) after that they will release the fund to you.
When someone's dies all this information is given to you when you register the death.
Mostly sorted now after my appointment with the bank this morning. A solicitor is next on the agenda and then the probate can be passed through. Time will depend on their workload and then we should receive our inheritance.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top