Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 12:21 AM

Re: When did you last move home?

I am now in house no 12. Will never move again unles there is absolutely no alternative!!!!
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 01:34 PM

We moved here just over 8 years ago and plan to move again when OH retires.
He's got to five years to go.
I hate the actual business of packing up, but don't like to think of being somewhere 'til we die off. I think I might have made a good gypsy.
Scorpio
UK
Scorpio is female  Scorpio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 01:46 PM

I've had about 10 houses...I moved several times in Essex to try to better myself, then relocated to Lincolnshire 12 years ago, for a better way of life and moved 4 times whilst I was there.

I am now living with my partner in Northamptonshire, my property is sold and his was on the market, then he took it off, then suddenly it sold last week to a local chap, so we are back looking again...I'm hoping this will be my last move until we retire, when we plan to either move to France or return to Lincolnshire...I know there's no comparison between the two but we can't decide
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 03:43 PM

I moved in May, 2009 from a two bedroom apartment in Beaverton, OR two miles down the road to Portland, OR. My new studio apartment is tiny, 182 square feet but has a lot to offer. On the outside there are three ponds loaded with Mallard duck and Canadian Geese. It was fun watching all the young ones come along the first week I was here.

Three years prior to this move I relocated all the way across the United states from Graniteville, South Carolina to Beaverton, OR. I loaded all my worldly stuff in a rental truck and drove 3,200 miles to my new home & my job at Intel Corp. My recent move to Portland was purely to cut my living expenses.

The outdoor beauty of my new home will make retirement so mch more pleasant. It's peaceful and centrally located to everywhere I want to go.

My back yard

My little friends

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 03:56 PM

What stunning pics, Bob! Is it very rainy there?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
What stunning pics, Bob! Is it very rainy there?
It rains 8 months out of the year, usually October through May. Then it dries out nearly completely and can get over 100 for short periods as it did in July. The very next week after that heat wave it's back to the low 70s. It's paradise really but can be quite like a rain forest at times. We had a severe Winter last year that dumped a foot of snow and forced many to put chains on their cars, including me.

merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 10:39 PM

Lived in my bungalow about 16/17 years-no intention of moving-would miss my next door neighbours too much-we are more friends than neighbours
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2009, 07:29 AM

My last move was 1978, I said never again! It would take a year to weed out all of the junk we have accumulated.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2009, 10:46 AM

moved 12 days ago!
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2009, 11:28 AM

We've been in our lovely listed townhouse for 12 1/2 years now; we did play with moving a couple of years ago but it was a bit half-hearted and to be honest we didn't really want to move! No current plans but maybe in a few years when we can buy somewhere rural with outbuildings where we can also run our office from.

I will resist though as the house is completely perfect in terms of location, size and style and will be hard to beat without spending a small fortune!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top