Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 03:27 PM

Are You A Mobile/Smartphone Zombie?

Come on now.
Let's be having you.
Answer the question!

Too many people are totally oblivious to their surroundings when playing with their mobile phones, especially if they have their headphones plugged in as well.
How can they hear vehicle horns, emergency vehicle sirens etc?
Some people only seem to be interested in the little electronic gadget they are holding in their hands.

Are you one of them then?
Or if not, what do you thing about this issue overall?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 03:38 PM

Re: Are You A Mobile/Smartphone Zombie?

Not at all I use my mobile as a radio with a blue tooth head phone, my phone isn't even with me its in my bag, I manage a three to four hours of cleaning and chatting with others while wearing it.

If I'm walking along the road it's not even in use, only of I'm queuing will I get it out to read my kindle app.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 03:45 PM

Hi

I found mine today.

I hadn't seen it since Thursday.

It is now on charge as I will need it tomorrow.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 03:53 PM

I do not even answer my calls when driving. I do not play games on it.
The whole world has gone crazy, no-one talks in the real world these days!
I heard someone talking on their mobile Facebook stuff, "I am not feeling it" I heard him say. Goodness!!!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:06 PM

Don't see many older folks totally engrossed in them, but I fear for the youngsters, not the ones who would have developed as a rounded individual regardless, but, the ones who use the device, to hide behind, not developing the social interaction skills, required later on in life. Personally, I have no interest in the devices, beyond making a phone call, I've only just discovered the Torch function, now, that is useful.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:09 PM

Yes but not with headphones. Smartphones are ageist.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:10 PM

No I don't have a smart phone too expensive for me.

I have a basic mobile phone which I use for texting only and theoretically to summon help if I fall again while out with Chloe but I rarely take it with me because I would need to take my specs as well to see it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 04:23 PM

Mine has a gps tracker Meg, that's useful if you are worried about falling. It didn't cost much to get started with a smart phone under £50 for a basic easy to use one.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 05:03 PM

Must admit I fell foul to texting while walking last week ,something i dont often do , and i didnt see the uneven pavement , my foot went in it and I stumbled along like i was drunk if i had gone all the way down i would have left a dent in a car that was parked on the pavement .
I wont make that mistake again .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 05:09 PM

I don't have a smart phone - don't want one.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top